The Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Logistician to work at our Annapolis Junction location. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, mission critical program.
Job Summary and Primary Responsibilities:
The selected individual will provide overall system-level logistics support for a large, complex hardware/software system consisting of multiple geographically distributed nodes and diverse configurations within a multifaceted environment. He/she will work closely with the existing Logistics Support team in procuring, tracking, documenting, reporting, and managing material assets.
The selected candidate will be responsible for establishing asset management processes and systems for a large, complex, geographically distributed system of hardware devices and components consisting of multiple configurations. He/she will create, update, and maintain documentation for inventory and asset-related information, and manage material purchase requests and will be responsible for making arrangements for the transportation and shipment of materials to different locations in an accurate and timely manner. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a solid track record of successful multi-tasking and taking ownership of diverse Logistics projects with minimal supervision.
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree and at least 2 years of experience using asset management systems and configuration management tools. At last three (3) years of relevant professional experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree.
- Must have past or current experience providing logistics support.
- Must have experience creating and managing logistics processes (ordering, shipping, receiving, packaging, material handling, and inventory management).
- Must be capable of rapidly assessing the current state of various inventories and inventory management processes, creating efficient property management processes for each, and swiftly directing changes in real-time to handle surges and to account for new mission requirements and priority changes.
- Must have experience with property accountability processes and guidelines for properly discharging excess property.
- Must have experience with inventory management and tracking.
- Must have experience tracking/handling hardware and/or software.
- Must be a self-starter, well-organized, and detail-oriented and must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to regularly lift 30 LBS and be able to assist in lifting over 50 LBS.
- Must be able to regularly operate pallet jack and help load and unload equipment from truck and /or pallets.
- Up to 5% travel to CONUS locations maybe required.
- Experience working with technical teams (system and integration engineers, system administrators, deployment specialists, network architects, etc.) is a plus.
- Familiarity with DD1149 forms and processes.
- Experience in a Configuration Management, Quality Assurance, Change Management, and/or Audit.