The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Cyber Strategy Planner to join our Plans and Policy Team supporting the JFHQ-DODIN's Cyberspace defense mission as part of the Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O) contract at Ft. Meade, MD .
As a Cyber Strategy Planner, you will support GSM-O Task Order 30 in the J5 Plans and Policy Directorate as the J55 Cyber Strategy, Policy and Doctrine SME.
- Analyze strategic goals and objectives in order to provide guidance to staff for improved operations and metrics as well as Identify opportunities to inform/influence cyber strategy, policy and doctrine both internal and external to JFHQ-DODIN.
- Assist in developing strategic direction planning/recommendations to the commander, research and recommend policy changes to further DOD cyberspace strategy development, and coordinate strategic planning for directorate, managing priorities for three divisions to enable the JFHQ-DODIN mission.
- Conduct meetings, interact and brief all echelons of the military command structure within JFHQ DODIN and the Combatant Commands/Services/Agencies (CC/S/As) on cyber strategy, policy and doctrine, and draft decision memos, briefing papers, & other papers as appropriate in preparation for internal, interagency, external meetings.
- Support the J55 Cyber Strategy, Policy and Doctrine team's mission of developing and managing long term strategies to secure the DODIN
- Create and maintain JFHQ-DODIN strategic plans and calendar
- Develop and lead strategic planning process
- Lead the process to create and execute JFHQ-DODIN's strategic objectives
- Inform/influence/Interpret Cyber Policy and Doctrine (e.g., Presidential Cyberspace Policy Review, JP 3-12, DoD Cyber Strategy, Defense Strategy for Operating in Cyberspace, etc.) that enables the JFHQ-DODIN to accomplish DCO-IDM and DODIN Operations
- Foster an environment within JFHQ-DODIN that encourages strategic thinking, challenging assumptions, and innovation.
- Lead all Strategic Communication efforts, as well as interfaces with PAO and IO as needed.
- Active DOD TS/SCI clearance
- BA/BS degree with 8 years of professional experience
- 5+ years of experience with strategic and operational planning
- 3+ years of experience with inter-agency planning and operations, and Joint planning experience
- Experience with Combatant Command operations
- Experience researching and writing white papers, compliance reports and assessment reports in support activities for defining policy.
- Proficient in developing briefing materials, administrative, and logistics support.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate effectively, including public speaking, and briefing senior officers.
- Must be flexible, dependable and be able to multi-task with priorities.
- Demonstrated experience of providing excellent customer service.
- Experience at USCYBERCOMMAND or Cyber Service Centers or equivalent.
- Experience with network analysis and coursework
- MA or MS degree
- Certification in any of the following areas: Project Management Professional (PMP), A+, Network+, Security+, CISSP.
- Successfully attended any Joint or Service-specific planning course/school.