Release Management Team has an opening for a Software Configuration Analyst to work in our Baltimore, Maryland office. This is for the IHCCS program.
Develops and maintains software configuration management tools to support configuration identification, control, reporting, and delivery of both internally developed and externally purchased commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) software products. Performs configuration management and release engineering tasks to ensure new software product operating parameters are documented, comply with standard hardware configurations, and are logistically sustainable. Designs, develops, automates, and maintains productivity tools using programming, database or scripting languages to improve software modeling and development. Designs and implements build procedures that are used to support software product development and use. Develops software configuration standards and policies for company-wide use. Trains software developers in the use of configuration management tools and the implementation of software quality standards. Maintains the Software Configuration Management System including collection or distribution of code documentation, problem report and change request processing, software build documents, and delivery of software products to operational environments. Implements long term organizational objectives for software process improvement (e.g., SEI CMM), compliance with ISO 9000 standards, and software code reuse.
List daily duties and/or specific job responsibilities.
- Utilize the MKS Integrity Suite to version control the source code, documentation, products, and other files supplied for Software Configuration Management.
- Assist with the organization and facilitation of Pre-deployment and Post-deployment meetings and activities for assigned managed applications.
- Provide 24/7 on-call support as needed for Release Management migrations and deployments of CMS applications. Fast-paced environment which requires frequent non-standard (evening and weekend support)
- Assist with the management of the complete Release schedule for application deployment.
- Create, update and maintain necessary documentation such as processes, workflows, and application diagrams.
BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
Experience with MS Office, SNOW
Working knowledge of: UNIX and Windows platforms
Strong time management skills
Experience working in a fast paced environment
Good written and oral communications skills
Experience with Release Automation Tools
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.