Leidos Veterans Health is seeking an experienced Senior Technical Lead - AWS to support integration activities during the implementation and sustainment of the Oracle Insurance Policy Administration (OIPA) system for our government client. The ideal candidate will have an AWS certification, knowledge of typical insurance business functions, and prior experience with OIPA system integration. Prior work with the OIPA tool in an Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment would be a big plus.
This position will oversee the design and delivery of AWS environments to support the deployment of the Oracle OIPA COTS product. The successful candidate will lead a team of Cloud application developers and infrastructure engineers to provide strategic guidance, design, and implementation of the AWS environments. The AWS/System Technical Lead is a "highly" hands-on delivery manager role that requires high level of energy, passion in Cloud technologies, growth mindset, and knowledge in all aspects of technical delivery, team building and business understanding.
- Serve as a leader, high performer, team builder, and be responsible for a decentralized (remote) cloud delivery team.
- Manage the implementation and deployment of the necessary AWS environments to include solution analysis, application configuration, development, testing, software architecture and design, deployment and application operation/run functions to support the delivery of the Oracle OIPA product.
- Coordinate and deliver Cloud application solutions by collaborating with your team, our project partners and our government customers.
- Support creative, next generation cloud solutions for capability showcasing and architecture demonstration through POCs and Demos
- Ensure requirements, design, architecture, testing and other pertinent software artifacts are of the highest delivery quality, completeness, and timelines.
- Operate effectively in an agile work environment and ensure smooth and successful implementations.
- Ability to identify and challenge several application delivery scenarios by taking into account the business environment.
- Work as the AWS lead representing Leidos and the project team in customer visits, meetings and collaboration efforts.
- Ensure the technical design accurately represents the requirements.
- Serve as liaison between the SMS/Leidos team, prime contractor, and other partners to ensure all technical designs are clearly defined and meet the customer's overall mission.
- Be extremely data driven and drive/track program execution and delivery excellence.
- Anticipate problems and complications, and formulate solutions so as not to impede the project's progress.
- Work in a fast-paced, agile environment and operate on multiple sub-projects/tasks simultaneously.
- AWS or Azure certification and knowledge of typical insurance business functions including: underwriting and policy issue, payment processing, month anniversary, anniversary, disbursement, withdrawal, correspondence, non-forfeiture, lapse processing, state reporting, billing, policy servicing, product set-up, health claims processing, life claims processing.
- Experience in agile software development. Microservices development skills required; Proven implementation skills with projects ranging from $250k to $5M in delivery value with Cloud Native Development skills. Familiarity with Cloud application ecosystem comprising of Cloud Migration, Cloud Native Development, Cloud Integration and Cloud Operations/Run.
- Experienced in Spring, Spring Boot, Node JS, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, etc.; Microservices, No SQL and Cloud API with MuleSoft or Apigee; Enterprise Architecture, and relevant Cloud Development Tools.
- Experienced in enterprise application development, Microservices, a role model, and can roll up the sleeves to drive smooth implementations.
- Passionate about cloud technologies to drive optimal solutions, and mentor junior team members to create and grow effective teams.
- Experienced in solution/system development, distributed and Cloud architectures, application interfaces, and related software components.
- Possess effective communication skills to disseminate software requirements, project delivery status, risks, and architecture solutions. Ability to rally junior team members by leading them by example in a highly collaborative environment.
- Confident and able to exhibit strong technology acumen to devise optimal solutions to address business problems
- Be able to travel occasionally (~10%) for client/business strategy meetings.
- Have the depth and breadth of decision-making maturity and the ability to gain trust and respect of the technical team and other stakeholders.
- Ability to manage and interact with team members across local and remote locations spread across multiple time zones.
- Must possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills and effectively communicate across all levels of management.
- Experience with the Rational Tool Suite
- MS Office Proficiency
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) operations, workflows, systems, and applications such as the VA Rational Tool Suite is HIGHLY desired.
- Experience with workflow-based web applications and document management applications is a plus.
- Experience with Tableau is a plus
- Pivotal or MuleSoft, Agile Development certifications are a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of computer systems, operations systems, system security measures, database management, and web platforms. Background in both hardware and software. Excellent ability to communicate technical information to lay persons, especially management and the Customer.
- Master's degree in computer science, electronics engineering, or other technical discipline plus ten (10) years of experience. Ten (10) years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education or Bachelor's degree in computer science, electronics engineering, or other technical discipline is required plus ten (18) years of experience. Eight (8) years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- A minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience is required
(Requirements based on contract requirements)