Leidos is seeking a Cyber Incident Response Analyst to join its USACE-IT team.
Locations: Strongly prefer Vicksburg, MS or Hillsboro, OR, but may have flexibility to be located in
New York, NY, Hanover, NH, Philadelphia, PA, Washington D.C., Atlanta, GA, Los Angeles, CA or Fort Worth, TX.
Shift Work required; the shifts can be:
• Day Shift = 8AM EST - 4PM EST
• Swing Shift = 4PM EST - 12PM EST
• Night shift = 12PM EST - 8 AM EST
There are also 12 hour day shifts and 12 hour night shifts on the weekends:
• 12 Hour Day Shift = 8AM EST - 8PM EST
• 12 Hour Night Shift = 8PM EST - 8AM EST
Serves as a Cyber Incident Response Analyst working on the Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT) branch of the US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) Army Corps of Engineers Information Technology (ACE-IT) Cyber Security Directorate.
The Army Corps of Engineers - Information Technology (ACE-IT) provides secure enterprise-wide IT and information management support services to more than 37,000 USACE end users located throughout the Continental U.S. (CONUS) and outside the Continental U.S. (OCONUS). ACE-IT is the enterprise IT service delivery team for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, supporting mission requirements using a site-specific support model aligned along the USACE Regional Business Centers.
Serves as an incident handler for USACE and ACE-IT for all computer incidents form discovery/detection, to isolation, to recover/remediation, to root cause analysis by following prescribed standard operating procedures
The successful candidate will possess experience in Incident Response and Forensics to perform Incident Handling duties as part of CIRT for the US Army Corps of Engineers Program.
• Understand key forensics and incident response concepts
• Understand and work with various categories of electronic evidence including media, email, and networks
• Study the detection and prevention of intrusion and attacks
• Understand structured digital evidence collection and evaluation
• Identify network architectures and select network components
• Monitor various cyber analytics platforms and alerts
• Perform post-breach impact/loss assessments
• Investigate/resolve ethics and/or security-related incidents
• Isolate/eradicate compromised systems
• Experience and ability to leverage CND analyst toolsets to detect and respond to IT security incidents.
• Employ effective communication that includes, web, email, IM, and telephonic, to manage security incident response procedures
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math and 4 to 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience. Will accept 4 years of direct relevant experience in lieu of Degree requirement.
Must have a Top Secret Clearance and be able to obtain a TS/SCI
• Solid technical experience in the information security field
• 2-3 years of incident response experience
• Working knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems, PCAP
• Ability to understand SIEM, IDPS alerts and reports
• Experience with Remedy and Hive
CERTIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Must have at least one of the following certifications:
• GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
• GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA)
• Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
• Other certs like CySA+, GICSP, SCYBER, Cyber Ops
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions.
We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cyber security for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs including those that:
-Power homes and businesses
-Guide air traffic
-Streamline tax returns
-Protect digital footprints
-Contain environmental incidents
-Heighten port security
-Enable scientific discovery
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear