Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for a Mid Linux System Administrator at Scott AFB, IL.
Leidos is seeking a candidate to fill a Mid Linux System Administrator position supporting DISA's GSM-O contract. The candidate will maintain the smooth operation of multi-user computer systems running Redhat Linux but also includes Windows Server on a global network management system. Candidate is familiar performing within a fixed price, performance-based environment where performance is based on pre-determined Service Level Agreement's (SLA's) or Acceptable Levels of Performance (ALP's). Candidate is required to support the development, documentation and tracking of measurements and metrics relevant to the ALP's. This role will require you to provide support on a M-F business hours schedule, in addition, you will be responsible for on-call, extended hour, and weekend support as required by mission or emergency situations. Approximately 10% of the job will require domestic and international travel. Be familiar with performing based on service level agreement (SLA). Work is performed based on the customer Accepted Level of Performance.
- Able to work in a rapid paced environment and must be able to work independently.
- Works independently to maintain the smooth operation of a multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators.
- Install system wide software and allocate mass storage space, administer and service accounts, and perform tuning for system performance
- Interact with users and evaluate vendor products.
- Make recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provide back-up recovery.
- Develop and monitor policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Create, maintain, and implement detailed documentation and maintains standard operating procedures.
- Provide coaching and reviewing the work of lower level technical staff.
- Provide support on a M-F business hours schedule, also responsible for on-call, extended hour, and weekend support as required by mission or emergency situations.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 3 years of overall related experience with Unix, Redhat Linux required. Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Shell scripting (e.g. bash) and experience in other languages like Perl.
- Application of security settings and other commercial best practices such as DISA STIGS.
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance and the ability to acquire a Top Secret security clearance is required for this position.
- Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at least IAT level II, e.g. Security+ce.
- Integration of Network Management (NM) and Element Management (EM) systems with network performance, trouble ticketing, and security subsystems highly desired.
- Experience with support systems to include enclave Ethernet switches, storage area networks (SAN), and network attached storage (NAS).
- Candidates with a thorough knowledge of networking principles to included TCP/IP a plus.• Experience with a ticketing system such as BMC Remedy.
- ITIL v3 Foundation certified-
- Windows Server experience.
- Experience working with virtual environments.
External Referral Eligible