Do you want to grow your career and be part of a team solving critical challenges that affect the world?
Leidos Civil is leading the way in solving internationally pressing issues, including:
- Aviation - Guiding the world's air traffic, managing 43,000+ flights for 2.5 million passengers per day
- Logistics & infrastructure support - Operating infrastructure for large-scale nuclear cleanup efforts
- Cybersecurity - Monitoring advanced threats; managing security services and utility command and control centers
- Facility management & operations - Operating the world's longest supply chain to Antarctica
- Energy engineering - Restoring power during hurricane efforts; helping communities achieve significant energy savings
- Environmental management - Delivering innovative environmental solutions and wildlife conservation plans
- IT infrastructure modernization - Helping 2+ million citizens recover from identity theft; maintaining global biometrics systems
- Transportation security solutions - Securing U.S. borders with 1200+ radiation and explosive monitors; designing vehicle solutions that save lives, reduce congestion, and boost fuel efficiency
If you desire to be an integral part of a dynamic team of science and technology leaders, then Leidos Civil is the place for you!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...Practical Answers for a Complicated World
Leidos is seeking a Business Development/Capture Manager to develop, lead and manage strategic capture efforts ($50M+) for Federal Environmental Energy & Commerce (FEE&C) sector Information Technology (IT) opportunities. This position can be located at Leidos facilities in the Maryland, Northern Virginia, or Washington, D.C. market as well as outside the NCR.
The Business Development/Capture Manager will be responsible for the management and execution of the full business development life cycle process across multiple simultaneous opportunities while also working as a member of a team.
Performance based on the following:
- Pipeline Development - Develop and Drive pipeline development based on mature capture efforts that successfully progress through the capture review process
- Client Relationship Development - Must be capable of developing and maintaining customer relationships with leadership, acquisition and operation organizations. Existing relationships with Commerce, Treasury, EPA, Energy, Interior, GSA, Labor, USPTO, and State Department preferred
- Capture Management Development - Documented and verifiable success closing IT Prime contracts $50M and above with the Federal agencies.
The Business Development/Capture Manager will develop the overall capture strategy for an opportunity as well as internal and external partnerships, business plans and associated marketing assigned with the opportunity. The Business Development/Capture Manager will refine win strategies through technical solutions development, effective teaming, staffing and pricing strategies. The Business Development/Capture Manager advances opportunities through the capture lifecycle to increase the probability of win and to provide the information required to develop winning proposals.
The ideal candidate will have worked in the federal contracting industry and have previously served as capture manager for winning single award opportunities greater than $50M. Characteristics necessary for success include ability to secure customer meetings to further position Leidos on IT pursuits, the ability to gain internal support, and the ability to establish and maintain a solid working relationship with technical staff, managers, and peers. The position requires proficiency in Federal contracting and demonstrated knowledge of Federal request for proposal language as well as IT services. The position requires excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Lead capture efforts to secure new or re-compete contracts
- Develop capture strategy, competitive assessments, teaming, and price-to-win efforts
- Develop solutions-based capture plans that will result in winning new business that can be executed at a reasonable profit
- Lead and participate in business development planning and review activities, to include periodic pipeline reviews, developing and managing capture budgets, planning resources and schedules for capture and proposal plans, opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, win theme and discriminator workshops, and proposal reviews
- Lead and integrate assigned cross-functional team and authority to direct team activities for the duration of the pursuit
- Conduct after action reviews for business opportunity capture participants to document lessons learned and identify necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and actions
- Coordinate and participate in meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop win strategy for specific opportunities
- Meet with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices
- Serve as the lead for call plan development and execution and provide detailed reports for follow-up activities
- Create and deliver executive presentations intended for gate/capture approvals
- Maintain ongoing interaction with business development and program area
- Perform market research to include customer preferences, competitive analysis and incumbent strengths and weaknesses
- Champion RFI responses and white papers
- Ability to lead the management of technical volumes to include project management plans, basis of effort development, technical volumes, past performance and staffing plans
- Interacts routinely with multiple levels of management, infrastructure POCs, staff, and customers, and follow through on tasking
- Collaborate with business development personnel, technical staff, and management to support cross enterprise objectives and customer engagement
- Brief capture status to senior management at specified milestones in the capture process and when material changes occur
- Embrace accountability for shaping and winning new business through a balanced focus on customer value, the competitive environment, and the corporation's best interests
- This role requires that the successful candidate have a proven track record of successful capture and business development on opportunities with a value of over $50M for single-award contracts and over $100M for multiple award IDIQ contracts during the last three years
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a related field and 12+ years of related experience in Federal IT Business Development/Capture Management
- Experience with IT development and technical services programs involving systems engineering / systems integration, web development, software development, managed services, technology insertion, and cyber security
- A deep understanding of federal government buying habits, to include:
- experience with US government budget, investments and acquisition processes
- an understanding of different contract types to include: IDIQ, BPA, as well as CLIN structures that include FPIF, CPIF, FPAF, CPAF, FFP, FPLOE, T&M, CPFF, CR and other types
- An understanding of contractor financials in the government market, to include:
- experience developing and successfully managing capture and proposal budgets
- A deep understanding of teaming approaches to include:
- experience with subcontracting to include creating teaming agreements, vendor relationships, service level agreements, and contractor teaming arrangements
- working knowledge of NAICS and PSCs for teammate selection and evaluation
- Demonstrated leadership skills to include:
- experience managing a large pipeline of business development opportunities
- experience developing, organizing, and executing significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, respond and win business with new and existing customers
- experience gaining internal support, operating independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establishing a solid working relationship with line program staff, management, and business development peers across the company