The Mission Support Operation is currently is looking for college students with research, proposals, administration, marketing, and business development skills to support language services efforts. As a member of the team, you will work on language proposal efforts to identify and qualify candidates for programs.
No clearance is required to start. Selected intern will be entered into clearance process after start.
- Providing proposal related activities, such as, staffing, resume formatting, data gathering, and writing
- Responding to market surveys and requests from business development personnel
- Coordinating and proctoring language tests
- Maintaining/updating information in candidate databases
- Currently enrolled in accredited 4 year University pursuing BA or BS.
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Must possess computer skills; including MS Office, to be able to produce written reports and sufficient Internet skills that will allow advanced research on the Web
- Ability to work independently and as a contributor to a virtual team
- Self-starter with curious mindset and desire to solve problems and learn new skills
- Strong organizational skills, time-management skills, attention to detail, and strong initiative
- Effective communicator in both written and verbal formats to a variety of audiences
- US citizenship required per contract
- Capable of obtaining a security clearance
- Experience with Human Language Technology (HLT) such as computer assisted translation (CAT) tools, post-edited machine translation, and adaptive machine translation tools.
- Knowledge of a foreign language
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule - may have to work extra hours in order to meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and working in a PC environment
- Exemplary writing skills(selected candidates will be required to put forward a piece of work previously completed either for college course work or publication)
- Works well independently when provided clear, concise direction
- Mission oriented focus to the Mission Support Operations
- Experience with Sharepoint - user level