Leidos Veterans Health is seeking a Deployment/Build Manager to coordinate and manage all aspects of application release, deployment, and build activities during the implementation and sustainment of the Oracle Insurance Policy Administration (OIPA) system for our government client. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of typical insurance business functions, and prior experience with OIPA. Prior work with the OIPA tool in an Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment would be a big plus.
A Deployment/Build Manager must have experience interfacing and communicating with test managers, development managers, IT Ops, and the PMO. He/she owns the release management lifecycle and must have extensive knowledge in creating deployment plans, determining cost, working to a schedule, and defining performance expectations based on input from all team members. Release may include application updates, OS patch updates, security improvements, hardware upgrades, and the release manager is responsible for implementing and managing the process for each build, from coding through development, testing, and installation into the production environment. Work collaboratively with software developers and testers as they set up the build and dev/test environments required to facilitate releases between testing, pre-production, and production environments. The ideal candidate will have experience leveraging configuration, application, and life cycle management tools and processes to maintain version control for software code, releases, and documentation.
- Maintain, update, and streamline the Release Management/Deployment process to ensure consistency with VA enterprise guidelines and policies.
- Develop scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases on various platforms.
- Conduct milestone reviews, Release Readiness Reviews, and business go/no-go reviews prior to deployment.
- Work with the team, customer, and stakeholders to communicate branch and code merges. Manage environment setup and activities.
- Serve as the Point of Contact (POC) for managing and maintaining the deployment schedule from planning through full deployment.
- Define and manage the processes required to deploy releases to pre-production and production environments.
- Ensure all appropriate testing (SQA, UAT, Field, etc.) has been completed, and known bugs and defects have been addressed prior to release.
- Collect deployment metrics and provide reports to senior management, the customer, and appropriate stakeholders.
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time, and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations.
- Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates.
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule, and quality
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between team members at different locations
- Lead and coordinate the go-live activities including the execution of deployment plans and checklists
- Participate in CAB meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks
- Experience coordinating with multiple stakeholders to ensure the inter-related deployment tasks are organized, transparent, and executed appropriately.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with the Agile/scrum software development methodology.
- Experience with the VIP methodology for software lifecycle management used within the VA.
- Experience using the IBM Rational Tool Suite for application development and management.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Ability to initiate and maintain strong professional relationships with the Customer, team, and stakeholders.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office tool suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Experience with Rational Team Concert as the Customer-approved repository for all software source code and artifacts.
- Schedule, coordinate, and manage releases across the enterprise.
- Ensure software is Section 508 compliant prior to release.
- Experience with manual and automated build methods.
- Previous release and/or project management experience.
- Advanced knowledge of the software development lifecycle.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion.
- Experience with the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) operations, workflows, systems, and applications such as the VA Rational Tool Suite is HIGHLY desired.
- Experience with Risk and Issue identification and mitigation strategies.
- Experience working in a remote environment with a geographically diverse team.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar cloud experience with a working knowledge of ITIL and CMMI.
- Experience using the Polaris Calendar for release.
- Experience with HIPAA compliance in order to protect Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and Personal Health Information (PHI)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, electronics engineering, or other engineering or technical discipline.
- Ten (10) years of relevant experience.
- Eight (8) years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.