Leidos currently has a job opening for a Systems Engineer to support the US MINT contract located in Washington, DC. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a team of System Administrators and network engineers supporting over 500 servers on both Windows and Linux environments. This is a SR technical position that is responsible for the technical direction for the Network, Communications, and Datacenter team that is comprised of 11 individuals.
This position also requires daily customer contact with US MINT SR level management and is responsible to provide strategic technical direction to the US MINT customer. Responsible to develop that best technical solution to meet the customer needs within their timelines and cost constraints. Responsible for define technical requirements, project schedule, development and test oversight.
This position oversee all technical implementation solutions to complex IT solutions. Requires communicating with senior executive US MINT leadership on a daily basis. Responsible for oversight and mentoring of the entire Leidos staff and is the technical lead of the US MINT program. This program consists of over 500 servers, 1000 network devices, and over 60 applications spread over 6 locations.
Candidate must be able to handle multiple complex projects s and must be knowledgeable current technologies and IT solutions. Responsible to coordinate solution across the Application, Service Desk, Infrastructure, and the Security teams.
- Customer liaison
- Management of Infrastructure team consisting of 500 servers and 200 network devices.
- Capability to manage complex IT project to assure that they meet customer requirements within the agreed upon timeframes.
- Oversight of contactors and staffing decisions
- Weekly customer project meeting and status reporting
- Oversight of maintenance activities
- Oversight of vulnerability patching
- Engineering documentation and data call from the customer
- Requires college degree
- Requires 15+ years of prior relevant technical experience.
- Require at least 5 years' experience overseeing technical teams
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to handle high pressure situations
- Network experience
- Management Experience
- Cloud computing experience
- Master Degree
- US MINT customer experience