Leidos is working closely with the U.S. Navy at Naval Warfare Surface Center Carderock Division. The goal of this program is to develop highly sophisticated training systems and tactical decision aids to help Anti-Submarine Warfare operators train for and operate in complex environments against quiet diesel and nuclear submarines.
Leidos currently has an immediate opening for a Technical Project Manager, supporting multiple US Navy programs located Bethesda, MD. Leidos' High Fidelity Simulation Business Area is responsible for architecting and implementing large-scale System of Systems solutions in support of world class simulation, training, and analysis products for the US Navy. We are looking for an energetic, motivated, independent, self-starter for a challenging position supporting programs that develop and produce state of the art training and tactical decision aids systems. This position requires US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance.
Job Description :
This position will contribute to the technical planning, system design, development and integration, verification and validation, and fielding tasks for a variety of US Naval training systems. Duties include requirements analysis and tracking, functional analysis, timeline analysis, requirements allocation, interface definition, requirements satisfaction, and quality assurance. Technical management and coordination between Leidos teams, third party teams, and customer representatives, and the tracking and coordinating of system engineering support across projects will also be required. This position will develop creative solutions to complex technical issues and problems that will impact multiple trainer projects. It will require expert knowledge of, and ability to apply, advanced system engineering principles and concepts. This position will coordinate with the director of engineering, and the successful candidate will work on a regular basis with the director to coordinate, track, and report on engineering activities.
Travel to partner and government sites to support meetings and engineering activities is required. Travel will account for no more than 10% of the job.
Education and Years of Experience:
- BS in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Network Engineering, or related technical field and a minimum of 8 years of directly related experience required.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
- Must have past experience with, and demonstrate the skills and capabilities to successfully execute the duties and responsibilities of this position
- Must demonstrate a general commitment to excellence, a dedication to producing quality work results, and an ability to learn and apply new skills.
- Be a flexible, positive and energetic team player, and be able to work in a fast paced environment and adapt to changes in tasking, be courteous and professional when interacting with colleagues and customers, demonstrate a solid ability to identify and solve problems, plan and prioritize personal tasking, effectively communicate verbally and in writing, and be able to work successfully in a team environment
- Active Secret Security Clearance is highly preferred
- Previous technical Project Management experience
- Previous Navy training systems development experience
- Good understanding of the Linux Operating System
- Familiarity with sonar concepts and systems
- Familiarity with Jira, Confluence, Portfolio, Service Desk, and MS Project