Job Requisition:Storage Engineer (Client/Server) - TS/SCI with Polygraph
At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. Our Defense business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for federal agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs.
Leidos is seeking a Data Storage Engineer located in Northern VA. This opening for a mid-level Data Storage Engineer.
• Responsible for defining and supporting the enterprise storage service architecture and lead the transformation of storage services to ensure service is aligned with the key principles of service ownership.
• Includes: meeting the needs of the business, cost effectiveness, scalability, compliance, reliability, and resilience.
• Research/assist in development, and/or participates in hands-on installation, configuration, and maintenance of large enterprise applications.
• Troubleshoots production issues, deploying Storage and OS configuration components, automation and upgrade, Continuity of Operation, backup and recovery.
• Assist in documentation for testing and maintenance of system corrections that automate tasks and assist in reporting
• Assist in production support of business applications: start and stop of application instances; trouble shoot application failures, and diagnosing performance or reliability issues of applications; assisting application teams in the use custom support tools
• Must have a TS/SCI with poly to be considered
• Typically requires BS degree and 3-5+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience and/or certification will be considered in lieu of degree.
• Minimum of 3-5 years' experience designing and operating Storage Area Network (SAN), and Network Attached Storage (NAS) to support operating and maintaining local data center.
• Advanced knowledge and experience with VMware, HyperV, and/or Red Hat Virtualization (Design, Build, Operate).
• Knowledge with Large Scale Storage Area Network Systems (Design, Build, Operate) for Dell/EMC Unity and Isilon; and as a secondary skill: NetApp, HP EVA, VNX, Violin • Extensive prior experience migrating/consolidating SAN/NAS • Boot from SAN experience • Brocade Network Advisor experience.
• Cisco and Brocade Fibre Channel switches.
• Proven history of successful interaction with internal customers and/or enterprise IT department.
• Hands-on experience and strong understanding of storage technologies and structures.
• Proven experience in triaging customer/client issues, and after-hours support.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to clearly understand and articulate complex problems.
• Very strong interpersonal skills able to work at all levels of the organization.
• Any AWS / Cloud experience is a plus.
• Desirable skill includes experience with C7000 blade servers and chassis, Dell R730 servers, and Dell M1000 servers. Other application experience is helpful: Exchange Server, Active Directory, Azure, VPN and other relevant IT related technologies.
• Prior DoD Civilian or Military service desired.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering2000Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.