Job Requisition:IT Project Manager - TS/SCI with Polygraph
At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. Our Defense business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for federal agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs.
Leidos is seeking an IT Project Manager to help shape our technical workforce, build our technical capabilities, and drive technical insertion on a specific DoD program, to improve program performance, grow our business, and establish our Operational team as a premier solution leader for our customers.
The Project Manager must have a broad understanding of Project Management and performance-based contracting:
• Recommend activities to manage cloud based environments in a secured facility and network,
• Applying trends to meet our customers’ mission requirements.
• Identify technical SMEs in developing, shaping and delivering technical solutions.
• Solutions are focused to improve program performance and provide thought leadership.
• Demonstrate a strong understanding of Project management best practices and principles.
• Facilitate discussions with technical and non-technical audiences while acting as an intermediary and translator to identify functional and technical requirements effectively.
• Instruct, direct, and check the work of requirements analysis personnel.
• Team leader for projects with moderate budgets or of a short to intermediate duration.
• Must have a TS/SCI with poly to be considered
• BA or BS degree and 10 years of experience with analyzing IT projects for organizational efficiencies, operations, procedures, protocols, or risks.
• Or MA or MS degree and 8 years of experience in analyzing IT projects for organizational efficiencies, operations, procedures, protocols, or risks.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Experience with identifying and translating between functional and technical requirements.
• Knowledge of enterprise IT, including Cloud computing, virtual desktops, and systems engineering, including the systems development life cycle or testing.
• Desire to work in a high business tempo environment that spans many LAN/WAN technology disciplines.
• PMI-PMP certification, DoD Cybersecurity
• Prior DoD Civilian or Military service desired
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management2000Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.