Job Requisition:Systems Administrator - TS/SCI with Polygraph
At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. Our Defense business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for federal agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs.
Leidos is seeking a Help Desk System Administrator to support classified systems Service Desk Operations for this DoD Program.
• Must have TS/SCI with poly to be considered
• Responsible for Tier I-II Service Desk Support. The Helpdesk Support Team provides technical support to users at multiple sites via telephone, secured email, and in person.
• Troubleshoots systems applications and connections, installs and upgrades software applications. Must possess excellent communication and technical troubleshooting skills.
• Organized, reliable and able to multi-task and prioritize issues and possess a professional demeanor.
• Communicate concisely and clearly to a varied user base.
• Receive technical support requests via telephone and email.
• Identifies types of problems, type of failing equipment, systems performance, and human failures to develop corrective procedures.
• Identifies operational problems, researches, analyzes, and determines the cause. Documents and report problems to appropriate staff. Assures that corrective measures are implemented timely.
• Monitors applications to ensure application availability to all system users and perform necessary maintenance to support systems availability.
• May supervise and or coordinate with other systems support and client server specialists and plan, coordinate, and implement system security measures.
• Perform routine O&M activities to include tier – 2 troubleshooting and problem resolution.
• Utilize complex application analysis tools to identify and correct problems.
• Prepare troubleshooting procedures for restoring the systems to optimal performance levels.
• Provide performance management functions.
• Respond, isolate, and resolve system application troubles. Monitor alarms and alerts to identify systems elements causing throughput degradation or failure.
• Maintain logs and records associated with reported problems or situations.
• Provide Tier 1, Tier 2 (Help Desk) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems.
• Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems.
• Work with customers to collect information about problems and lead customers through diagnostic procedures to determine the source issue.
• Troubleshoot to determine problems for operating systems, applications, network, or mobile issues.
• Actively manage incident tickets and provide status updates on each ticket per SLA.
• Review tickets daily and reprioritize as needed to ensure compliance with Service Level Agreements (SLA).
• Ability to craft technical and professionally written outage notifications and updates to incident stakeholders.
• Provide system and application diagnoses to remediate issues while engaging other teams as needed• Conduct continuous improvement service desk support and update knowledge base as required
• BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
• 3-5 years of experience in a technical support role.
• 3-5 years of experience working in both virtualized environments, including storage, virtualized desktops, and compute
• Prior DoD Civilian or Military service desired.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration2000Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.