Job Requisition:Unified COMMS Engineer - TS/SCI with Polygraph
At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. Our Defense business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for federal agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs.
Leidos is seeking a Unified COMMS Systems Engineer with Cisco Unified Communications and Collaboration (UC&C) solutions experience, located in Northern VA.
- Design and define system architecture for new and existing UC implementations.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of related technologies to include, but not limited to the following: Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM), Cisco Unity Connection (CUC), Cisco Instant Messaging & Presence (IM&P), Cisco Unified Contact Center Express (UCCX) and/or Unified Contact Center Enterprise (UCCE), Cisco Video Communications Server (VCS) and/or Expressway, Cisco IP phones, video endpoints, and Jabber soft clients, Cisco voice gateways and Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE).
- Design, implement and manage high availability/clustering and disaster recovery environment
- Supports establishment of plans and templates in line with the overall technical architecture format and program infrastructure platform.
- Completes technical documentation to design, test, implement, train, and transition solutions to operational support.
- Interacts with customers and appropriate representatives to analyze, validate, specify, verify, document and manage the requirements.
- Plans, manages time according to schedules, and provide timely status updates
- Quickly learns new tools and resolves issues using all available resources.
- Conduct project-based work to design, document and implement infrastructure solutions to solve business problems.
- Prepares and manages new systems; following program guidelines for documentation for transition to operations.
- Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Serve as Tier III system support for operational systems as required.
- Troubleshoot and deep dive into UC infrastructure, including Voice, VTC and other secured client domain systems. Other application experience is helpful: O365, Exchange Server, SharePoint, Active Directory, Azure, VPN and other relevant UC related technologies.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. - Hands-on experience
- Other recommended areas of focus include these technologies and focal areas: CUCM Session Management Edition (SME), Cisco Emergency Responder (CER), Webex Meetings, Teams, and Boards, Fax over IP solutions (e.g. Cisco Fax Server, XMedius, RightFax, etc.), Microsoft Skype for Business, and IM federation, VMware, Mobile Device Management (MDM) solutions such as AirWatch, Cisco Unified Computing Server (UCS) technologies, Quality of Service (QoS) and Security in Cisco Collaboration Solutions, Cisco routing and switching.
- This opening is for a mid-level Network Engineer with a minimum of 5 – 7 years' experience.
- Applies proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related STEM technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- Any AWS / Cloud experience is a plus.
- CCNA Collaboration is STRONGLY preferred.
- Prior DoD Civilian or Military service desired.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops2000Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.