At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. Our Defense business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for federal agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs.
Leidos is seeking a Help Desk UAS Specialist to support user access Service Desk Operation. The selected candidate will be responsible for Tier I Service Desk Support to ITIL specifications. The Helpdesk Support Team provides technical support to users at multiple sites via telephone, in person and through remote dial-up via helpdesk support software. The Helpdesk Lead Specialist troubleshoots hardware and software applications, installs and upgrades software applications, and repairs a wide variety of computer/VoIP related applications. Must possess excellent communication and technical troubleshooting skills. This individual should be organized, reliable and able to multi-task and prioritize issues and possess a professional demeanor. This individual must be able to communicate concisely and clearly to a varied user base.
• Receive technical support requests via telephone and email.
• Troubleshoot desktop hardware and application software issues.
• Software installation and support of commercial software and related upgrades.
• Update solutions database with applicable resolutions.
• Problem solving, hardware/software installation and configuration based on computing standards, and client support for all network and desktop.
• Monitors and enforces all IT policies and procedures.
• Assist with setting up new users in IDAM and multiple level security LDAP profiles.
• Installs and configures computers, monitors, network infrastructure and peripherals such as printers, scanners, and related hardware.
• Maintains, upgrades and repairs PCs/laptops and Window desktop applications for all systems
• Keep abreast of current technology through self-study.
• General computer knowledge and understanding of standards, practices and theories in alignment with CompTIA fundamentals.
• General networking knowledge and understanding of core concepts in alignment with Network+ fundamentals.
• Basic knowledge of Cisco networking, IPv4 and IPv6.
• Advanced knowledge of deploying Windows desktop OS utilizing technologies such as WDS, SCCM, MDT and ConfigMgr.
• Ability to work varied shifts and off hours to support upgrades on a limited basis.
• Detail oriented with excellent technical, verbal and written communication skills.
• Customer service focus with the ability to communication both verbally and in writing with the highest level of business professionalism.
• Must have a TS/SCI with poly to be considered
• Associates Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• 3+ years of experience in a technical support role.
• 3+ years of experience working in both Windows desktop OS environments with the ability to troubleshoot at both an application and desktop OS level
• MS Active Directory Security Management, Access Management, and Group Policy Objects (GPO) management and delegation.
• VMware Server or Workstations.
• Multiple security environments, including Multi-level security environment.
• ServiceNOW Helpdesk work flow and escalation procedures.
• Prior DoD Civilian or Military service desired.