At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. Our Defense business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for federal agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs.
Leidos is seeking an IT Project Manager to help shape our technical workforce, build our technical capabilities, and drive technical insertion on a specific DoD program, to improve program performance, grow our business, and establish our Operational team as a premier solution leader for our customers.
The Project Manager must have a broad understanding of Project Management and performance-based contracting:
• Recommend activities to manage cloud based environments in a secured facility and network,
• Applying trends to meet our customers' mission requirements.
• Identify technical SMEs in developing, shaping and delivering technical solutions.
• Solutions are focused to improve program performance and provide thought leadership.
• Demonstrate a strong understanding of Project management best practices and principles.
• Facilitate discussions with technical and non-technical audiences while acting as an intermediary and translator to identify functional and technical requirements effectively.
• Instruct, direct, and check the work of requirements analysis personnel.
• Team leader for projects with moderate budgets or of a short to intermediate duration.
• Must have a TS/SCI with poly to be considered
• BA or BS degree and 10 years of experience with analyzing IT projects for organizational efficiencies, operations, procedures, protocols, or risks.
• Or MA or MS degree and 8 years of experience in analyzing IT projects for organizational efficiencies, operations, procedures, protocols, or risks.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Experience with identifying and translating between functional and technical requirements.
• Knowledge of enterprise IT, including Cloud computing, virtual desktops, and systems engineering, including the systems development life cycle or testing.
• Desire to work in a high business tempo environment that spans many LAN/WAN technology disciplines.
• PMI-PMP certification, DoD Cybersecurity
• Prior DoD Civilian or Military service desired