At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. Our Defense business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for federal agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs.
Leidos is seeking a Unified COMMS Systems Engineer with Cisco Unified Communications and Collaboration (UC&C) solutions experience, located in Northern VA.
- Design and define system architecture for new and existing UC implementations.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of related technologies to include, but not limited to the following: Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM), Cisco Unity Connection (CUC), Cisco Instant Messaging & Presence (IM&P), Cisco Unified Contact Center Express (UCCX) and/or Unified Contact Center Enterprise (UCCE), Cisco Video Communications Server (VCS) and/or Expressway, Cisco IP phones, video endpoints, and Jabber soft clients, Cisco voice gateways and Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE).
- Design, implement and manage high availability/clustering and disaster recovery environment
- Supports establishment of plans and templates in line with the overall technical architecture format and program infrastructure platform.
- Completes technical documentation to design, test, implement, train, and transition solutions to operational support.
- Interacts with customers and appropriate representatives to analyze, validate, specify, verify, document and manage the requirements.
- Plans, manages time according to schedules, and provide timely status updates
- Quickly learns new tools and resolves issues using all available resources.
- Conduct project-based work to design, document and implement infrastructure solutions to solve business problems.
- Prepares and manages new systems; following program guidelines for documentation for transition to operations.
- Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Serve as Tier III system support for operational systems as required.
- Troubleshoot and deep dive into UC infrastructure, including Voice, VTC and other secured client domain systems. Other application experience is helpful: O365, Exchange Server, SharePoint, Active Directory, Azure, VPN and other relevant UC related technologies.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. - Hands-on experience
- Other recommended areas of focus include these technologies and focal areas: CUCM Session Management Edition (SME), Cisco Emergency Responder (CER), Webex Meetings, Teams, and Boards, Fax over IP solutions (e.g. Cisco Fax Server, XMedius, RightFax, etc.), Microsoft Skype for Business, and IM federation, VMware, Mobile Device Management (MDM) solutions such as AirWatch, Cisco Unified Computing Server (UCS) technologies, Quality of Service (QoS) and Security in Cisco Collaboration Solutions, Cisco routing and switching.
- This opening is for a mid-level Network Engineer with a minimum of 5 - 7 years' experience.
- Applies proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related STEM technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- Any AWS / Cloud experience is a plus.
- CCNA Collaboration is STRONGLY preferred.
- Prior DoD Civilian or Military service desired.