Leidos is seeking a Human Resources Director to deliver solutions for the Transportation Solutions operation in the Civil Group. The HR Director will lead a geographically dispersed team of Human Resources professionals and partner with leadership based out of our Gaithersburg MD location.
- Provide leadership and guidance to support the overall mission and HR service delivery for an organization of over 1700 employees and over $570M spanning multiple work locations
- As a member of the Transportation Solutions leadership team, collaborate to anticipate business requirements and develop strategic plans to support the achievement of current and future objectives
- Partner with the HR Centers of Excellence to ensure effective alignment to achieve goals and organization results. Plan, communicate, execute and support HR initiatives including talent management, leadership development, diversity and inclusion, training, performance management, salary planning, training, etc.
- Lead a team of HR business partners working with Division Managers, Program Managers and the Engineering organization to support day-to-day operations and project implementation
- Develop a strong partnership with Talent Acquisition
- Provide HR leadership to support large proposal wins with program execution (i.e. incumbent captures)
- Partner with new business capture teams and participate in bid reviews, bid risk reviews, and proposal teams
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field and have 12 or more years of relevant experience including 7+ years leading teams or projects. Must have broad HR expertise and strong business acumen.
- Demonstrated ability to partner effectively and influence senior leader decisions
- Proven ability to think strategically, provide direction, manage multiple projects and execute in a dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 5+ years of hands-on workplace relations experience
- Thorough understanding of US labor laws
- New business experience: capture, proposal and new program implementation
- Experienced user of Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Master's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field
- Experience partnering with technical leaders
- Experience leading a team of HR professionals
- International program and expatriate population experience
- Labor relations experience
- Knowledge of Workday