At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. Our Defense business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for federal agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs.
Leidos is seeking a Network Engineer with VMware expertise.
• Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems. Data Storage Engineer located in Northern VA.
• Applies proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
• Design, implement and manage high availability/clustering and disaster recovery environment
• Supports establishment of plans and templates in line with the overall technical architecture format and program infrastructure platform.
• Completes technical documentation to design, test, implement, train, and transition solutions to operational support.
• Interacts with customers and appropriate representatives to analyze, validate, specify, verify, document and manage the requirements.
• Plans, manages time according to schedules, and provide timely status updates
• Quickly learns new tools and resolves issues using all available resources.
• Conduct project based work to design, document and implement infrastructure solutions to solve business problems.
• Prepares and manages new systems; following program guidelines for documentation for transition to operations.
• Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
• Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
• Participates in special projects as required.
• Serve as Tier III system support for operational systems as required.
• Troubleshoot and deep dive into VMware infrastructure. Other application experience is helpful: Exchange Server, Active Directory, Azure, VPN and other relevant IT related technologies.
• Monitor, administer, and maintain vCenter modules and configurations.
• Support implementation, configuration, operations, and maintenance of VMware components to include vCenter Server, ESXi Hosts, Standard/Distributed vSwitches, vSphere Data Protection, Operations Manager, etc.
• Design, implementation, and maintenance of a hybrid cloud integrate with multiple public cloud service providers.
• Research/assist in development, and/or participates in hands-on installation, configuration, and maintenance of large enterprise applications. This includes troubleshooting production issues, support the deployment of other Storage and OS configuration components, automation and upgrade, Continuity of Operation, backup and recovery.
• Assist in documentation for testing and maintenance of system corrections that will automate tasks and assist in reporting.
• Assist in production support of business applications: start and stop of application instances; trouble shoot application failures, and diagnosing performance or reliability issues of applications; assisting application teams in the use custom support tools.
• TS/SCI with poly required to be considered
• Mid-level Virtualization Engineer with a minimum of 3-5 years' experience.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
• Any AWS / Cloud experience is a plus.
• Must be able to meet DoD 8570 IAT II compliance including Security Plus with CE enrolled certification plus computing environment certification.
• Strong written and oral communication skills. - Experience with VMware vSphere 6.x, or 5.x. related technologies such as clustering, high availability, and DRS.
• Extensive Troubleshooting Experience in ESXi/Vsphere
• Experience Troubleshooting VM Performance issues
• Experience deploying and maintaining Operations Manager
• Experience deploying and maintaining VMware Replication Appliance (VRA)
• Experience with Site Recovery Manager (SRM) 5.x and higher.
• Experience Performing installations and configurations of hardware and software as part of the overall implementation of the approved architecture.
• Experience conducting upgrades to firmware and changes to settings as deemed necessary to meet compliance and cyber security requirements.
• Experience implementing patches and upgrades to ensure the virtualization environment in compliance with latest VMware recommendations - In-depth knowledge of virtualization storage VMFS data stores and Storage LUNs
• Experience analyzing and executing VMware performance tuning strategies leveraging various VMware reporting tools and capabilities
• Experience identifying, analyzing, and resolving system failures and problems -
• Knowledge of best practices to adhere to enterprise architecture - 8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.
• Foundational knowledge around Linux systems preferably with Redhat -
• Strong background in Microsoft Windows technologies, such as Active Directory.
• Experience with Storage Area Network (SAN) technologies is a plus
• Working knowledge of networking protocols and components including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, IP Networking VPN's, switching, and routing.
• Working knowledge of Fiber Channel.
• Experience using vRealize Operation Manager.
• Proactive thinker and self-starter, must be able to innovate and think out of the box.
• Intermediate experience designing, implementing and managing enterprise solutions using Microsoft, HP and VMWare 5.x and 6.x technologies.
• HP blade hardware and virtual platform, Windows Server and SQL Server experience preferred.
• Intermediate VMware experience.
• VCP 5 or higher certification a plus.
• Prior DoD Civilian or Military service desired.