Leidos is seeking a highly cleared experienced Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Systems Mechanical Engineer to perform various technical and non-technical activities in the support of facilities maintenance.
- HVAC/Electrical systems engineering, technical planning and execution of project tasks for the operations, sustainment, and enhancement of an operational system. Project tasks may span a spectrum of technical areas including information technology, networks and communications, electrical/power systems, physical security systems, and environmental control systems.
- Engineer with strong analog and digital control experience.
- Engineer that can inspection, maintain, operate, and repair HVAC/Electrical systems and associated equipment, electrical distribution equipment, building interior/exterior repair, and related grounds as it pertains to assigned building(s).
- Reviews historical maintenance records to develop proactive inspection, testing and preventive maintenance schedule.
- Performs assigned repairs, emergency and preventive maintenance. Completes maintenance and repair records as required.
- Responds quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed.
- Validate and oversee testing and commissioning of HVAC/Electrical systems and ensure that O&M manuals and documents are completed.
- Ensure all installations/repairs are in compliance with local codes/regulations.
- Perform Quality Assurance monitoring of others performing HVAC/Electrical work and prepare reports.
- Perform preventive maintenance tasks on complex equipment.
- Replaces defective breakers, controls, thermostats, switches, fuses and electrical wiring to repair installed units, using HVAC/Electrical tools and test equipment.
- Under limited supervision, performs skilled work installing, maintaining, adjusting, overhauling, and repairing HVAC/electrical systems.
- Must be self-motivated and work independently and as a team.
- BS degree and 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 years of prior relevant experience; OR an additional 4 years of experience in Lieu of degree
- Must currently posses an active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Must have a minimum of 8 years experience working with HVAC Systems
- Certified HVAC Technician