Leidos has a career opening for a Senior Proposal/Capture Writer located in Reston, VA.
The job of the Senior Proposal Writer is to interpret customer requirements and work with SME's to write clear, concise, and compliant responses to RFP requirements. Proposal writing assignments may include white papers, proposal content such as management plans, technical content and solution, past performance and corporate experience, staffing plans, and marketing material for on-contract growth or new business pursuits. This candidate would join a fast-paced and highly talented team that is focused on winning new business for the company.
- A successful candidate must possess the ability to work collaboratively with solutions architects, subject matter experts, and executive leadership to capture key concepts and ideas, maintain consistency in messaging and strategy through the use of proper tone/voice.
- This individual will be responsible the successful execution of the Leidos Capture Process (Win Plan) and compliant delivery of capture related products that include proposals, ECPs, ENs, FPR's, etc.
- Assignments will include, but is not limited to, the development and Management Volumes, Technical Volumes, Past Performance Volumes, Corporate Experience Volumes, Executive Summaries, Staffing Plans, Oral Proposal Presentations, and Video Proposal Presentations.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university and 8+ years of prior relevant experience OR Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Expert Level Proposal (Management and Technical) Writing Skills.
- Strong Analytical Problem Solving Skills.
- Ability to communicate with positive impact.
- Ability to adapt to schedule changes & slips, project re-scopes, and customer directed changes to ensure compliant product delivery.
- The successful candidate will be able to join new projects quickly, and work effectively with a diverse group of others.
- Teamwork is an essential quality, as is the ability to work effectively while under tight deadlines.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
- Candidate must have the ability to travel to support proposal efforts as needed.
- Expert Level Technical/Proposal writer with Business Development and Competitive Proposal/Capture experience.
- Knowledge of Shipley Proposal Process.
- Knowledge of Leidos Win Plan.
- TS/SCI security clearance is a plus