No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Leidos is looking for a high performing candidate to fill a position supporting the nation's nuclear deterrence mission with the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Office of Defense Programs as a program analyst on a major nuclear weapon acquisition program. This is a full-time contractor-support position located on-site at the NNSA offices on the Kirtland Air Force Base in Albuquerque NM.
The program analyst will coordinate and report on activities contributing to the successful execution of the weapon acquisition process.
Specific duties include:
• Establishing relationships with technical representatives from the Department of Defense facilities and contractors and NNSA national security laboratories and nuclear weapon production facilities and contractors
• Participating in designated production realization teams to monitor design and production progress and issues and reporting these to the Federal program engineer.
• Maintaining current awareness of issues, risks, and progress toward completion of weapon component design.
• Evaluating program variables and providing assessments to the Federal program manager regarding how well technical plans and solutions are proceeding on schedule and whether deliverables conform to customer requirements, quality control standards, and negotiated metrics.
• Communicating complex program and budget execution concepts to the Federal program manager, senior leadership, external stakeholders and others that may have a widely different technical basis for understanding.
• Traveling frequently to various locations across the country for meetings.
Active DOE Q and/or DOD TS clearance
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
• Bachelor's degree.
• 8 or more years of program management or technical experience in military or government production environments.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience in developing briefings for senior and executive managers.
• Demonstrated successful experience with briefing and interacting with executive management and senior leadership.
• Experience with interdisciplinary technical teams.
• Nuclear weapon and delivery platform program experience.
• Project Management Professional Certification