Are you ready to make a major improvement to your career? Are you ready to work on projects that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead! You will be proud to say you work with Leidos because not only do we treat our employees like an important part of our business, everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities. You will enjoy great benefits, flexible schedules and the opportunity to grow your career.
The Leidos Intelligence Group has a career opportunity for a Linux Systems Administrator at our Leidos Facility in Columbia, MD.
This contract is a large, multi-year contract for the development, integration, deployment and sustainment of large, collection systems. The work that's being done on this Leidos-led, prime contract is extremely important to the government and offers its team members the opportunity to work autonomously and explore new technologies. Join a tremendous technical team solving hard problems with true mission relevance on emerging technologies.
An experienced Linux System Administrator is needed provide administration and operational support mission and analytic networks. The candidate will need a proactive attitude, strong customer service skills, and the ability to integrate into an existing technical team. To be successful in this role the candidate will need to demonstrate proficiency with Linux.
- Provide system administration/engineering for RedHat Enterprise mission and analytic networks. This will include but is not limited to:
- User account management, administration, access/controls and support
- Installation and configuration of workstations and peripherals
- Kernel parameter and disk partition modification
- Support to LAN infrastructure
- Client-server support, software and hardware upgrades, network administration troubleshooting, and shell script programming.
- Provide regression testing on new software releases
- Perform periodic system back-ups and developing/documenting standard operating procedures for these activities
- TS/SCI with polygraph required
- Strong LINUX experience is required.
- System administration for RedHat/CentOS 5, 6, 7 and Windows Server 2003, 2008
- A minimum of 3 years system administration and/or engineering experience with computer systems.
Candidates should have expertise with the following operating systems, applications, and platforms:
- RedHat Enterprise
- Windows 2008 Server
- Windows XP and/or Windows 7 (x64)
- McAfee virus scanning software
- Microsoft Exchange 2010
- Although minimal, periodic after-hours on-call support is required
- Within the last 3 years, experience with either UNIX or Windows System Administration, to include user account administration, installation and configuration of workstations and peripherals, kernel parameter and disk partition modification, client-server support, software and hardware upgrades, troubleshooting, and shell script programming.
- Within the last 3 years, experience with Network Information Service (NIS), Network File System (NFS), Domain Name System (DNS), and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
- Within the last 3 years, a minimum of 1 year scripting experience using BOURNE Shell, C Shell or KORN Shell languages.
- Within the last 3 years, a minimum of 1 year experience performing periodic system back-ups and developing/documenting standard operating procedures for these activities.
- Red Hat Certifications are highly desired and may substitute for 1 year experience. Microsoft Certifications will be considered on a case by case basis
- Additional expertise using VMWare, Desktop/Server imaging software, and basic LAN administration skills is desired, but not required.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.