Strategic Communications Specialist
- Are you a creative and IT-savvy individual who can create compelling narratives and stories in a variety of mediums?
- Do you have a knack for translating complex concept into easily understood communications campaigns for a diverse set of audience?
- Are you interested in working on a Strategic Communications team whose focus is on supporting employees across a global enterprise?
- Would you like to work for a company whose mission it is to make the world safer, healthier and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science?
In this role, you will support the execution of differentiated communications strategies, campaigns and programs for a multi-billion dollar defense health program. You will work closely and collaborate with the program's Strategic Communications lead to ensure that the Leidos Partnership for Defense Health (LPDH) is armed with effective communication tactics that help drive program performance. You will also collaborate with other core marketing and communication functional areas and internal and external teams to develop content and execute traditional and digital campaigns. Some of the tasks may be related to research and analysis, branding, public relations, marketing, employee engagement and corporate social responsibility, internal communications, event management, customer relationship marketing, and general administrative duties as needed - while ensuring alignment with the corporate and LPDH brand.
This position is based in Vienna - VA with some travel to Reston - VA for meetings / as necessary.
Primary Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Writing and editing content related to the program in a manner which supports consistent business objectives and enhances the LPDH brand and awareness.
- Work with partner companies and technical SMEs to develop high-impact communication deliverables such as marketing collateral, graphics/technical illustrations, digital/social content, press releases, white papers, presentations, videos and case studies.
- Research, writing and editing copy, providing art direction for graphic design/layout, as well as coordinating logistics for production and distribution of materials.
- Administrative duties associated with maintaining current strategic communications tools; to include org charts, locations map, email distribution list, staff roster, and other materials.
- Support content development for internal and external awards program(s) to recognize staff.
- Develop content for external website, to include social media, new releases, and development of strategic blog posts from executive leadership to communicate key program milestones.
- Travel to trade shows and other relevant industry events (as needed) to support onsite social media activities associated with the program.
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 8 years of experience in the communication field. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
- Strong writing and editing skills across a variety of platforms (e.g. internal, digital, media relations, social media, employee engagement, trade show, events, marketing).
- Experience in developing and executing a variety of communications strategies and campaigns for large programs.
- Keen attention to detail; ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Outstanding organizational skills; ability to manage logistics for complex projects.
- Ability to complete deliverables within tight deadlines and/or changing requirements.
- A general ability to understand technical concepts, value proposition and benefits and translate them to a variety of audiences.
- Proactive approach to tackling challenges; including self-driven research, knowledge gathering, and providing solutions that deliver results.
- Hands-on experience creating and executing communication campaigns that leverage multiple channels to achieve goals with measurable results.
- Must be eligible for Public Trust.
- Federal and Commercial Health B2G experience desired.
- Experience in technology or health companies is highly preferred.
- Significant knowledge of communications best practices, to include AP writing style.
- Experience with digital communications and associated content a plus.