The National Solutions Operation is currently soliciting highly qualified linguists in various languages to support a DoD customer in the National Capital Region (NCR). Linguist/Screeners will work in a dynamic team environment and are responsible for creating summaries, gists, and full translations.
DESIRED PRIMARY LANGUAGES: Arabic, Dari, and Pashto.
Each linguist will be assigned to specific team functions based on personnel capabilities, qualifications, and aptitude, the direction most conducive successful to operations, and in order to maximize efficiency and media throughput. They may be promoted to new roles after a sufficient period of orientation and familiarization with project activities. Linguists may also be given the opportunity to participate in directed training to increase their mission related knowledge, cultural awareness, and linguistic skills.
Linguists will work in a dynamic team environment performing various functions including but not limited to:
- Review general and technical source material in the target language to prepare accurate written gists, translations, and/or transcriptions in idiomatic English
- Scan and process a large amount of material in a foreign language for critical or essential elements of information as defined by the customer
- Provide input to other team members in the production of reports
- Leverage information system skills (i.e., word processing and data entry), use advance language software programs, and participate in forensic processing
- is exciting position also has the potential to allow linguists, on a temporary basis, to work on specialized projects and/or deploy on worldwide assignments.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION:
- BA/BS and/or equivalent formal military training or 5+ years of related work experience
- Achieve a minimum score of an Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR) 3 in respective foreign language(s) and 3 in English for Reading, Listening, Speaking, and Writing, with a preference given to a 3+.
- Demonstrated history of working on screening or translation projects and in maintaining the integrity and meaning of the translated material.
- Ability to quickly scan and process a large amount of material in a foreign language for critical and essential elements of information.
- Ability to conduct and prepare accurate gists, translations, and/or transcriptions of general and technical materials.
- Ability to write and speak in a clear, concise, and professional manner in the specified foreign language and English.
- Team player who is able to communicate effectively with colleagues, addresses tasks quickly and efficiently, and collaborates on group projects.
- Be proficient in standard MS Office programs, and able to learn customer or job-specific software programs and standard operating procedures.
- Willingness to work periodic shift work to meet mission demands.
- Sufficient technical aptitude to gain a working knowledge on job-required tools and processes (on-the-job and/or formal training will be provided).
- CLEARANCE: Must currently possess a minimum Top Secret in JPAS.
- Current or recent SCI-level access is a significant advantage and preferred.
- Must be able to pass a polygraph and Subject Interview.
- Able to obtain TS/SCI w/CI Poly.
- Background or experience in the military, DLI, or intelligence community
- Top Secret clearance with current or recent SCI-level clearance a plus.
- Proficiency in multiple foreign languages
- Experience using TED or DHDS