The NISC III program has openings for Human Resource Assistants to provide support to the Atlanta Shared Service Center.
Human Resource Assistants are responsible for processing a broad range of personnel and pay related actions for an organizational segment., as well as receive and review requests for personnel actions, and reviews and checks for existence and adequacy of supporting documents.
Specific duties for the position include:
- Process a broad range of personnel actions to include accessions; separations; positon and pay changes; service/pay computation dates; and retirement, health insurance, life insurance, and other benefit forms
- Serve as liaison between FAA and the DOI Payroll Operations Division, utilizing a personnel and payroll actions data system to input and process a variety of actions including changes to employee benefits, work schedules, union dues initiation/revocation, Voluntary Leave Transfer Program (VLTP) balances, Thrift Savings Plan deductions, and other voluntary payroll deductions
- Maintain an overall working knowledge and the ability to perform each function within his/her areax
- Foster a collaborative environment by effectively communicating and interacting with fellow team members
- Work independently as well as with other team members to accurately complete all assignments in accordance with established deadlines
- Frequently refers problems and work issues to the manager and/or team leads when guidance is not available or applicable
Typical education / experience
- Typically requires high school diploma or equivalent and 3 - 5 years of prior relevant experience.
- Knowledge of personnel rules and regulations governing the processing of personnel actions, files/records maintenance, benefits entitlements, veteran preference and creditable service determinations.
- Ability to use intermediate functions of various software applicants (Windows); e.g., Word, e-mail, internet browser, spreadsheets, databases, to prepare documents, access web sites, input data, and update employee records
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.