The careC2 Senior Consultant, Performance Improvement Consulting Services supports the solution strategy of careC2 by developing and implementing consulting services aligned with careC2's enabling technologies to help clients achieve quantifiable clinical and financial performance improvement objectives. This position is remote and requires travels to current and future client sites, as well as Leidos offices throughout the US.
Primary Responsibilities and Skills
- Conducts current state assessments, gap analyses and improvement strategy.
- Quantifies improvement opportunities with objective data and utilizes reliable process to track improvement in quality and financial outcomes.
- Conducts design sessions and other client meetings to determine requirements for technology design, to create optimal workflow, and to enable the sustainability of change.
- Implements solutions to achieve client goals and success metrics.
- Organizes/manages multiple priorities including flexibility to quickly adapt to ever changing business needs.
- Provides status reporting and updates to client and internal teams
- Ensures quality and timeliness of project deliverables; monitors and manages to defined engagement metrics.
- Utilizes effective change management tools throughout careC2 implementation processes.
- Supports the development and ongoing refinement of standard delivery tools and methodologies.
- Cultivates strong relationships with colleagues, and collaborates across all disciplines.
- Requires project management experience and strong organizational skills.
- Must have effective oral and written communication skills, including developing high quality deliverables and reports.
- Passionate about business results, digital transformation and quality, with a strong sense of accountability, metrics and ownership.
- Willingness to embrace complex problems, work in ambiguous environment and research/use evidence based practice in forming client recommendations.
- Bachelors degree required with 4-8 years of experience in the healthcare industry, or 2-6 years experience with Master's degree.
- Project management experience delivering change initiatives, or direct clinical experience serving on performance/quality improvement teams.
- Advanced Excel skills, ability analyze data, identify trends and present analysis in a compelling way to key stakeholders.
- Ability to travel as required to client sites and other company-sponsored events 70-80%
- Master's Degree in healthcare related field, finance, or industrial engineering.
- Lean certificate or demonstrated experience delivering quantifiable outcomes.
- Project management certification.
Ability to travel as required to client sites and other company-sponsored events (approximately 70%-80%)