Leidos is seeking a talented Software Engineer Intern, located in our Dayton Ohio office.
The position will involve supporting systems integration activities for multiple programs addressing fast paced software development needs for the USAF. The candidate will be expected to contribute to hardware/software integration activities as well as other infrastructure-related duties as assigned.
• Design, develop and maintain mission-critical software in support of national defense, and intelligence gathering products for both airborne and ground based systems
• Participate in laboratory, ground and flight testing to validate software
• Document and communicate proposed software solutions with integrated, cross-functional engineering teams in a fast paced highly technical environment
• Stay up-to-date on state-of-the-art programming techniques and software technologies
• Participate in software design and code reviews to ensure delivery of quality products and enhance skillsets
• Completion of two years of college and current enrollment in an academic program focused in computer science, computer engineering or electrical engineering
• Experience programming in one or more of the following languages: C++, Java, C#
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Must be eligible to obtain DoD security clearance- US citizenship required
• Participation in system integration and testing activities is a plus