The Leidos Intelligence Group/Mission Solutions Operation/Mission Technology Division has a Program Manager opening for an energetic, experienced, cleared professional seeking a rewarding and challenging opportunity leading a software development program. The PM will work at a customer facility in the Chantilly, Virginia, area. Occasional local travel to customer locations and other Leidos facilities in Northern Virginia is required. Candidates must possess an active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph.
The ideal candidate will have both a management and technical background; be a strong leader; have strong oral and written communication skills; and have extensive experience managing software development projects. The successful candidate will be flexible, adaptable to change, and will thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic program environment. Critical thinking and solution-based decision-making abilities are imperative. Prior IT project management experience and strong familiarity with agile software development methods are required.
The PM will be responsible for driving overall program execution including and delivery of software releases and program CDRLs. The program software baseline is a key component of the customer's critical infrastructure and is used throughout the broader customer Community. The PM will work with the COTR and stakeholders to manage requirements, software change requests, and manage the efforts of a highly skilled team of Leidos employees and a small subcontractor cadre. Team is currently engaged in several high profile initiatives including development of a new user interface, integration with Office 360, and development of a new architecture to support containerized delivery approaches.
The PM also will prepare, deliver, and present required reports and briefings both internally to Leidos and externally to the customer. The PM will be responsible for planning, directing, scheduling, and executing all SOW elements. In addition, the PM will:
- o Manage and lead program systems engineering and development process
- o Communicate with the COTR and community stakeholders
- o Represent program within customer governance process
- o Manage contractor team personnel and communicate the policies and goals of the customer
- o Identify/interview candidates for all open positions
- o Ensure effective use of contract resources
- o Current TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- o BA/BS in a technical field or equivalent experience and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience.
- o Minimum 5 years supervisory management and relevant work experience
- o Prior Intelligence Community experience is required
- o Demonstrated experience managing projects of 20 or more personnel in a software or systems development environment
- o Proven record of managing multi-task programs
- o Excellent leadership, coaching, and team-building skills
- o Customer focused with demonstrated excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- o Strong administrative and organizational skills
- o Ability to adapt to changing requirements and to perform under strict timelines
- o Self-starter with ability to work independently and as member of a team
- o PMP or other project management certifications
- o Experience in the development and management of program financials
- o Experience on customer systems and application hosting infrastructure
- o Experience with managing complex requirements sets