Leidos is looking to improve and advance our organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of end-user centric IT technology solution to our Centers of Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) customer where we are challenged to provide ongoing innovative and seamless experience while using CMS systems, applications and solutions, provide proactive secure development of IT integrations, concepts, and designs across the CMS enterprise and integrate end-user computing devices, conference room technology, infrastructure hardware and software, and user applications into a streamlined and seamless experience across the CMS user base. We foster a positive end-user experience while ensuring protection of the data.
We are seeking motivated, career and customer oriented Enterprise Service Desk Manager to manage operations for a 24x7x365 service desk. The service desk team is responsible for initial triage, classification, troubleshooting, resolution of incidents, and completion of service requests for a 7,000+ user community. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in applying ITIL best practices to service delivery in a similar, large enterprise environment and a track record of meeting or exceeding contractual service level agreements.
You will be responsible, to include, but not limited to:
- Manage and motivate a team of service desk specialists who receive assigned incident tickets, phone calls, emails and other communications from customers requesting technical support for related desktop, laptop, peripherals, application and IT related issues.
- Develop procedures that support execution of Service Desk activities, to include process flows, defined roles and responsibilities, knowledge articles, and reporting schema to enable the establishment of appropriate touch points and engagements.
- Identify and implement opportunities for performance improvement of hardware, software and any supporting infrastructure and supporting services by employing IT Service Management (ITSM) best practices.
- Provide direction and guidance for investigating, resolving, documenting, and reporting the causes and corrective actions in the ServiceNow ITSM tool for all incidents assigned by the Service Desk.
- Employ continual improvement processes to effectively measure and enhance Service Desk performance, productivity, knowledge and profitability based on Service Desk performance metrics.
- Define, manage and maintain Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Establish KPI metrics, reports and goals that are aligned with the long-term strategic direction.
- Ensuring that all support requests are well documented in the IT ticketing system from the creation of the ticket to the successful resolution.
- Working with IT support team resources to ensure proper processes are created and followed to inform, track and support our customers.
- Communicating with internal customers, team members and management regularly during all aspects of service desk operations and ongoing technical issues.
- Track and analyze trends in Service Desk requests and generate statistical reports. Identify problems and implement solutions, identify, recommend, develop, and implement customer training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency.
- Oversee development and dissemination of help sheets, usage guides, and FAQ lists for internal stakeholders.
- Oversee the development, implementation, and administration of service desk staff training procedures and policies.
- Provide thorough triaging of tickets by liaising with other IT teams.
- Provide written and oral communications, make recommendations for improving documentation.
- Provide recommendations on issues/problems identified and reported in trend analysis
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience and 5+ years or prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 2+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Be an active member of a leadership team, must be able to work nights, holidays and weekends to meet the customer's missions.
- Solid hands-on/technical knowledge of core technologies including but not limited to AD, O365, WAN/LAN/Wi-Fi, VOIP, Core Networking, Cloud Services, Video Conferencing fundamentals and printing
- Hands on experience with incident and problem management in ServiceNow.
- Knowledge of and experience in applying ITIL principles and standards to improve incident resolution and customer service standards.
- Experience using an ITSM tool to drive service delivery and performance.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to coach team members.
- Able to effectively influence and develop strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Effective communicator across a range of business levels
- Experience in transition and start-up of a large and geographically dispersed program
- Strong service and leadership background required. Previous experience working in fast paced, innovative startup environments
- Organized: fastidious, detail oriented, and committed to the highest work standards
- Enthusiasm and the flexibility to thrive in an entrepreneurial atmosphere of constant change and rapid growth
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
- HDI or SDI Certification
- MCP Certification
COMPTIA A+, or Network+, or Security+ Certification