The NISC III program is seeking a proficient Communication Specialist able to implement organizational missions and visions through positive leadership collaborative skills and a desire to cultivate relationships.
Use your excellent communications skills, strong managerial and interpersonal skills (both oral & written) to thrive in a team-oriented atmosphere.
With your skill in multi-tasking priorities and self-motivation, you will perform research, respond to media inquires, track mentions in the mass-media, advise the management team in taking action in cases of communication crisis and foster in departmental brand awareness.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preserve and protect all confidences and privileged communications.
- Apply knowledge of administrative processes to prepare and create standard operating procedures (SOP), and best practice methods.
- Manage the daily calendar activities of internal stakeholders to ensure efficient time management; sometimes requiring negotiating time and place for best logistical arrangements.
- Recognize and identify what internal information can be disseminated and to whom.
- Prepare, track, maintain, and distribute correspondence for various actions.
- Assist in preparing meeting agendas and taking notes at staff meetings/off-sites.
- Manage all office administrative duties, to include; coordinating internal/external meetings and teleconferences, answering telephones, screening calls, forwarding messages, preparing expense reports, arranges travel (domestic & international) and maintains paper and electronic filing systems.
- Bachelor's of Science, Communications or Public Relations and 2 to 4 years of relevant experience.
- Possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills while thriving in deadline-driven, fast-paced environment.
- Strong time-management skills.
- Ability to efficiently plan, provide for contingencies, balance competing demands,adapt to change, and remain focused to deliver results.
- FAA experience preferred
- MS Office tools