Job Requisition:Help Desk Specialist - TS/SCI with Polygraph
At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. Our Defense business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for federal agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs.
Leidos is seeking a Help Desk Lead Specialist to support a Service Desk Operation for this DoD Program. The selected candidate will be responsible for Tiers Service Desk Support to ITIL specifications. The Helpdesk Support Team provides technical support to employees at multiple sites via telephone, in person and through remote dial-up via helpdesk support software. The Helpdesk Lead Specialist troubleshoots hardware and software applications, installs and upgrades software applications, and repairs a wide variety of computer/VoIP related applications. Must possess excellent communication and technical troubleshooting skills. This individual should be organized, reliable and able to multi-task and prioritize issues and possess a professional demeanor. This individual must be able to communicate concisely and clearly to a varied user base.
• Receive technical support requests via telephone and email.
• Troubleshoot desktop hardware and application software issues.
• Software installation and support of commercial software and related upgrades.
• Update solutions database with applicable resolutions.
• Problem solving, hardware/software installation and configuration based on computing standards, and client support for all network and desktop.
• Monitors and enforces all IT policies and procedures.
• Assist with setting up new users in IDAM and multiple level security LDAP profiles.
• Installs and configures computers, monitors, network infrastructure and peripherals such as printers, scanners, and related hardware.
• Maintains, upgrades and repairs PCs/laptops and Window desktop applications for all systems.
• Keep abreast of current technology through self-study.
• Must have a TS/SCI with poly to be considered
• Minimum of two (2) years of experience in information technology or a related field and
• Two (2) years of general computer installation, maintenance and repair experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the duties of the job as listed above.
• Desired: A+, Microsoft MCP, CCNA.
• Server Operating Systems.
• VMware Server or Workstation.
• Multiple security environments, including Multi-level security environment.
• ServiceNOW Helpdesk work flow and escalation procedures.
• Prior DoD Civilian or Military service desired.
• BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent experience.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration2000Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.