Want to be at the forefront of new and defining research into the basic of laser and laser systems development?
Get a chance to do that at Leidos in our Innovations Center in Albuquerque, NM as our newest Electro-Optical Engineer helping us to design and perform a variety of electro-mechanical-optical experiments for an applied R&D contract. You will get to work alongside a multi-disciplinary team, in collaboration with Government researchers doing fun experiments primarily in a laboratory with some field testing.
These are the fun tasks you will be doing on the job with us:
- Use your experience with lasers, sources, optics, electro-optics, detectors, cameras, calibration equipment and diagnostic equipment for testbeds and test equipment for a variety of electro/mechanical-optical experiments.
- Take your understanding of mechanical systems and interaction with optical systems to the job every day.
- Design, procure parts for, build, align and calibrate custom testbeds and test equipment.
- Design, procures parts for, build and test instrument control and data acquisition hardware.
- Modify and develop data acquisition tools using software such as LabVIEW.
- Modify and develop data reduction and analysis tools using software such as MATLAB.
- Develop and analysis of optical layouts using ZEMAX.
- Develop and analysis of electro-mechanical layouts using SolidWorks
- Work independently as well as with a team, learn new skills quickly, demonstrate excellent communication and problem solving skills, be organized, detail-oriented, careful, flexible, and self-motivated with a can-do attitude.
You will need these skills to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor's degree in electro-optics, physics, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, systems engineering with at least 4 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret security clearance.
- Experience with the following: operating mechanical-electro-optical equipment such as, sources, detectors, sensors, lasers, and characterization equipment; collecting, analyzing, interpreting data, writing test plans, documenting test results and generating reports; performing computer-based data acquisition and analysis.
- Experience with lasers, sources, optics, electro-optics, detectors, cameras, calibration equipment and diagnostic equipment.
- Good computer skills using MS Windows are required, with proficiency in Word, Excel, and Power point.
- Must have strong mechanical skills, and also possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Experience with MATLAB, LabVIEW, ZEMAX, Solid-works
- Master's degree in listed fields.
- Experience is desired in testbed design, build, alignment, and calibration; data acquisition development; and test planning, data collection and test reporting.
External Referral Program