At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. Our Defense business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for federal agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs. Leidos is seeking an Enterprise SD WAN Engineer with Enterprise Security experience and AWS solutions experience, located in Northern VA. Qualified individual designs to pre-determined security architectures and develops data collection and reporting for new secured data center implementation.
• Demonstrate a strong understanding of WAN related technologies and circuits.
• Works under general supervision, developing the requirements of a product from inception to conclusion
• Must have expertise with the design, implementation and O&M of Hub-Spoke LAN and WAN architectures. The network consists of a government multi-level security network consisting of 25+ sites and 300+ users.
• Network support provides connectivity CONUS/OCONUS CISCO LAN plant with Gigabit switching and routing to internal servers and external networks.
• Coordinate with the Vendor PM, and Site POCs for service delivery.
• User representatives to ensure accurate solutions and user satisfaction on technical matters
• TS/SCI with Poly is required to be considered
• Mid-level WAN Engineer with a minimum of 4 - 7 years' experience.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related STEM technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
• Engineering and architecting multiple-classification IT systems and services
• Successfully deploying network hardware, system, and software upgrades
• Datacenter network environments utilizing high speed switching platforms
• Utilizing Cisco products such as ISR-G3, ASR, Nexus, Catalyst and ASA equipment
• Knowledge in implementing different transport mechanisms such as Tunneling and Encryption
• Understanding and implementing different routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP)
• Network and network security design where under general direction, manages the design, installation and support of LAN/WAN based networks and security components such as routers, switches and firewalls, datacenter equipment
• Managing/installing/configuring Juniper related equipment.
• Utilizing network monitoring systems such as Solarwinds, Kiwi Cat Tools
• Experience with TACACS/RADIUS/802.1x/Posture/Compliance
• Understanding how client/server systems integrate into the network/understand the flows in order to integrate into network infrastructure
• Resolving complex network and security issues where in-depth evaluation and analysis was required using SNMP based network monitoring platforms, LAN/WAN test equipment, and log analyzers
• Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, including experience with coordinating with other Government Staff/Contractors and industry partners.
• Any Secured DoD Cloud experience is a plus
• Prior DoD Civilian or Military service desired.