At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. Our Defense business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for federal agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs.
Leidos is seeking a Help Desk Lead Specialist to support a Service Desk Operation for this DoD Program. The selected candidate will be responsible for Tiers Service Desk Support to ITIL specifications. The Helpdesk Support Team provides technical support to employees at multiple sites via telephone, in person and through remote dial-up via helpdesk support software. The Helpdesk Lead Specialist troubleshoots hardware and software applications, installs and upgrades software applications, and repairs a wide variety of computer/VoIP related applications. Must possess excellent communication and technical troubleshooting skills. This individual should be organized, reliable and able to multi-task and prioritize issues and possess a professional demeanor. This individual must be able to communicate concisely and clearly to a varied user base.
• Receive technical support requests via telephone and email.
• Troubleshoot desktop hardware and application software issues.
• Software installation and support of commercial software and related upgrades.
• Update solutions database with applicable resolutions.
• Problem solving, hardware/software installation and configuration based on computing standards, and client support for all network and desktop.
• Monitors and enforces all IT policies and procedures.
• Assist with setting up new users in IDAM and multiple level security LDAP profiles.
• Installs and configures computers, monitors, network infrastructure and peripherals such as printers, scanners, and related hardware.
• Maintains, upgrades and repairs PCs/laptops and Window desktop applications for all systems.
• Keep abreast of current technology through self-study.
• Must have a TS/SCI with poly to be considered
• Minimum of two (2) years of experience in information technology or a related field and
• Two (2) years of general computer installation, maintenance and repair experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the duties of the job as listed above.
• Desired: A+, Microsoft MCP, CCNA.
• Server Operating Systems.
• VMware Server or Workstation.
• Multiple security environments, including Multi-level security environment.
• ServiceNOW Helpdesk work flow and escalation procedures.
• Prior DoD Civilian or Military service desired.
• BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent experience.