The Defense group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior Systems Engineer to work in Springfield, VA after an initial orientation at our Alexandria, VA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Warfighter mission. This opportunity is in support of Advanced Research and Development on the RECON project.
- Analyze traveling companion discovery algorithms for weaknesses and improvements.
- Develop whitepapers of formal co-traveler algorithms and principles.
- Develop methods to refine existing algorithms.
- Master's degree plus 9 years of relevant experience; additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Ability to perform in depth analysis of algorithms for traveling companion discovery, motion GEOINT, or ground trajectory analysis to identify ways to improve performance. Experience with surveillance and counter-surveillance techniques can be substituted for GEOINT algorithm experience.
- TS/SCI with CI Poly
- Experience developing mobile apps in Objective-C, Java (with the Android SDK)
- Familiarity with Python/Django, Ruby/Rails, OpenSource Tools (PostgreSQL, PostGIS/MySQL, GeoServer, MapServer)
- Experience developing location based services; experience developing mobile web apps using HTML4/5, JQuery Mobile, Sencha Touch
- Experience in developing the backend infrastructure architecture including implementation; experience in software engineering and programming and/or database technology such as JAVA, C/C++, PHP, KML or Oracle
- Familiarity with Windows and/or Linux and/or Unix computer operating system configuration
- Familiarity with hardware operations and architecture, especially related to mobile devices