The Defense group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior Systems Engineer to work in Springfield, VA after an initial orientation at our Alexandria, VA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Warfighter mission. This opportunity is in support of Advanced Research and Development on the RECON project.
- Analyze traveling companion discovery algorithms for weaknesses and improvements.
- Develop whitepapers of formal co-traveler algorithms and principles.
- Develop methods to refine existing algorithms.
- Master's degree plus 9 years of relevant experience; additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Ability to perform in depth analysis of algorithms for traveling companion discovery, motion GEOINT, or ground trajectory analysis to identify ways to improve performance. Experience with surveillance and counter-surveillance techniques can be substituted for GEOINT algorithm experience.
- TS/SCI with CI Poly
- Experience developing mobile apps in Objective-C, Java (with the Android SDK)
- Familiarity with Python/Django, Ruby/Rails, OpenSource Tools (PostgreSQL, PostGIS/MySQL, GeoServer, MapServer)
- Experience developing location based services; experience developing mobile web apps using HTML4/5, JQuery Mobile, Sencha Touch
- Experience in developing the backend infrastructure architecture including implementation; experience in software engineering and programming and/or database technology such as JAVA, C/C++, PHP, KML or Oracle
- Familiarity with Windows and/or Linux and/or Unix computer operating system configuration
- Familiarity with hardware operations and architecture, especially related to mobile devices
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.