Leidos is seeking a Proposal Analyst located in Gaithersburg, MD or Reston, VA.
In this role, you will serve as a Material Cost Estimator in the Strategic Technology Sourcing organization with oversight over the RFx process on proposals. You will work multiple Proposal Strategic Sourcing initiatives utilizing a combination of financial background and project management expertise. Other possible job responsibilities associated with this role could be Supplier Management, Program Material Acquisition, Business Process Re-Engineering, and Procurement Tool deployments.
- Responsible for material pricing on proposal efforts
- Candidate will own the request for quote process which includes maintaining compliance with the Federal Acquisition Regulations.
- Candidate will be responsible for meeting cost savings targets so negotiations skills are a must.
- Must have advanced experience with Microsoft Excel as the team utilizes advanced functions in Excel to conduct data analytics and analyze large data sets.
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain, logistics, or a related field from an accredited university, with a minimum 3.0 GPA and 4-8 years of relevant experience. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of college degree.
- Experience in the areas of procurement, pricing or subcontracts, with a demonstrated history of developing RFx's that comply with the FAR and source selection under tight time constraints with minimal guidance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Ability to work in a group environment with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be US Citizen with an active TS/SCI with Poly security clearance.
- Basic understanding in acquisition of Cloud, Cyber, and XaaS technologies.
- Basic understanding of creating complex solicitations, supporting proposals, conducting moderate complexity price and cost analysis, negotiating price/cost and price/cost-related terms.
- Ability to work under tight time constraints.
- Experience in procurement as a buyer in government contracting is a plus.
- Experience as a subcontracts administrator in government contracting is a plus.
Key Skills for Success in this Role:
- Multi-tasking, can handle multiple program interfaces simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated experience interfacing across multiple organizations and program levels.