The Defense group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior Data Scientist to work in Springfield, VA after an initial orientation at our Alexandria, VA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Warfighter mission. This opportunity is in support of Advanced Research and Development on the RECON project. Examples of potential projects include: image reconstruction, object detection and tracking, feature extraction and classification, machine learning, signal processing, and radiometric analysis.
This position will work as a scientist in a fast-paced research and development team on spectral imagery systems addressing image collection, characterization, and exploitation problems. Duties will include:
- Apply remote sensing principles and methods to analyze data and solve problems including: automating data analysis using machine learning, characterize existing and new sensor systems, develop new and improve data analysis techniques, propose collection strategies to address new signature development.
- Support informational briefings for educating scientists and managers on research outcomes and the impact on the mission.
- Design collection experiments and compare measured results with ground truth data.
- Master's degree plus 9 years of relevant experience; additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience with algorithm development, Matlab and/or Python scripting, HPC, image science, signal processing, EO/IR systems.
- Ability to learn new concepts and apply them to meet research objectives is required.
- TS/SCI with CI Poly