Leidos is seeking Flight Data Coordination Specialists on our Automated Flight Service Station (AFSS) program in Fort Worth, TX.
AFSS is an FAA Contract supporting General Aviation customers in Preflight, Inflight, Operational, Emergency, and Special Services. Leidos Fight Service provides meteorological and aeronautical information to assist general aviation customers in making informed decisions regarding their intended flights, including but not limited to preflight weather briefings, processing flight plans, search and rescue, as well as inflight meteorological and aeronautical information.
The Flight Data Coordination Specialist will:
• Classify, format, and distribute Notices to Airmen (NOTAMs) as prescribed
• Responsible for the initiation and completion of Search and Rescue (SAR) for aircraft on overdue VFR flight plans and assist other ATC facilities as needed for SAR involving overdue IFR flights
• When necessary, obtain and relay ATC Clearances for pilots to fly within the National Airspace System (NAS) verbatim and ensure read backs are correct
• Compile, evaluate, record, revise and disseminate flight data information accurately and promptly
• Conduct intra-facility/inter-facility coordination in accordance with policy and procedures
• Forward departures, progress reports, and arrival reports to ATC upon request
• Use approved procedural words, phrases, abbreviations and formats
• Operate position equipment/backup equipment using prescribed procedures to ensure computer entries are correct
• Function effectively as a team member; maintain cooperative and professional manner
• Answer all calls timely, listen to requests and respond in a courteous and tactful manner
• Provide additional assistance/data when requested
• Perform other duties as assigned
***The AFSS program is a 24/7 operation and the selected candidate must be able to work a nonstandard work week which will include the following; holidays, weekends, day shifts, evening shifts and overnight shifts.***
Successful completion of 2 full years of education or training above the high school level in subjects such as aviation, flight mechanics, communications, data processing, electronics, or similar subjects in a college or university, or a technical or flying school or US Military. Due to customer requirements, must be a US Citizen.