Leidos is seeking qualified and motivated candidate for a current opening for a Personnel Investigations Specialist. An ACTIVE TS/SCI level clearance is required to be considered for this position.
Successful candidate must have the ability to perform a wide range of functions and tasks which require proficiency in the development and implementation of accountability metrics to support Personnel Security Division Case Investigation activities. Manage, track and report to and brief Customer on the progression of investigations. Candidate must be proficient in using software supporting case management files, digitization and others as required. Additionally applicants should have working knowledge of the Federal Executive Orders 10450, 12958, and 12968; Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and Privacy Act (PA). Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform quality reviews of Personnel Security Investigation actions and supporting documentation
- Conduct National Agency Checks, as well as coordinate with DoD and IC security organizations
- Assist with Record of Investigation (ROI) and provide recommendations for granting/denying security clearances
- Report on any issues that require additional investigations to ensure that cases are forwarded to the proper authorities
- Create and maintain metrics for activities
- Assist in evaluating collected data to compile written and/or verbal reports
- Conduct file maintenance to include purging, imaging and archiving; database entry and quality control
- Provide operational, technical assistance and advisory services in accordance with the Personnel Security policies, procedures and controls
- Provide customer liaison with all levels of customers both internal and external
- Assist in the development of new or changing adjudication-related policies and/or procedures
- Provide telephone and written status checks, in accordance with data provided by internal and external personnel security databases
- Interpret new or changing personnel security policy on matters pertaining to adjudication and eligibility for access to classified information and Sensitive Compartmented Information
- Work collaboratively with technical staff to produce accurate and quality documents for delivery to variety of senior level management and customers
- Maintain agency personnel security related databases (e.g., DCII, JPAS, and Scattered Castles)
- Use the utmost discretion to protect all sensitive and Personally Identifiable Information (PII) in accordance with current policies, directives and procedures
Bachelor's Degree with 7 years' experience with at least 3 years within the DoD/IC. Additional experience in lieu of a degree will be considered
TS/SCI Level Clearance is required.
"External Referral Eligible"