This position is for a Task Order Lead / Chief Engineer responsible for all task execution on an IT program for the FBI. In this position the candidate will lead a small team in the integration of security technologies into the customer's enterprise environment. This includes managing and tracking technical activities for developers, integrators, testers, and systems administrators. The Chief Engineer serves as the primary point of contact for our customer and system customers.
The majority focus will be on cross domain solutions including modernizing current transfers, enabling new transfers, scaling the solutions, and integrating new technologies. The candidate will be the primary task and technical interface with the customer and support customer interface with internal and external organizations and management. Task execution covers the full system life cycle of design, test, implementation, and operations. The candidate will set technical direction and lead the team in estimating scope, schedule, and resources. The candidate will manage multiple concurrent projects to meet mission needs by balancing priorities, resources, and risk.
**** TOP SECRET FINAL with ability to obtain SCI ****
• BS degree in related field plus 15 years of overall experience
• Technical leadership in a systems integration environment
• Technical team management
• System integration - experience in system integration, test, debug of COTS/GOTS systems
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills to integrate new capabilities.
• Excellent customer communication and customer relation skills
• Ability to communicate issues and concerns effectively at all levels through effective verbal, presentation, and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences
• Ability to demonstrate creative, thought leadership in security solutions appropriate for customer and program
• System security architecture and design
• Experience taking systems through certification and accreditation, security assessments, audits, and continuous monitoring
• Experience interfacing with cloud based solutions, migration of services to cloud providers
• Integration of one or more cross domain products (guards, one-way transfers, multi-level access solutions).
• Integrating with typical IT support infrastructure services: LDAP, Active Directory, log archive
• Experience with various security products, security architecture, security assessment tools, and information assurance standards