Leidos Corporate Information Technology Services (ITS) Group is looking for an IT Project Portfolio Manager. We are seeking a leader who will foster employee skills in collaboration and problem solving, and able to coordinate project financial forecasts, budgets, and resource management related activities in Corporate ITS Group. This position is based in Reston - VA with occasional telecommute allowed.
- Business partner for CIO Services projects - expected to collaborate with other functional support leaders and compile effective solutions for the division
- Review and provide preliminary approval for resource and infrastructure demand requests
- Accomplishes project financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing project budgets, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective action.
- Prepare and present Financial Reporting for portfolio of programs and projects, including milestone and gate reviews, and individual project reports (monthly, quarterly, and annually)
- Support planning of budget and quarterly forecasts for projects - direct costs, indirect expense elements, and capital expenses
- Support PMs with development of business cases to support investment requests
- Support PMs with program / project level FP&A activities, reconciliations, and adhoc reporting requests, including status reports against spend plans
- Support IT Operations to include project planning, preparation, and analysis; provide reports and recommendations concerning project related activities
- Executive level reporting
- Compliance with all applicable Leidos financial policies and procedures
- Support the management of resources against the Workforce Strategy
- Assist Asset Management and Business Management Team with project resource allocations, acquisitions, and associated spend plan information, as needed
- Bachelor's degree and minimum 8 years of experience in Information Technology, Finance, Accounting or Project Management. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree
- The ideal candidate will have strong collaborating and analytical skills with all members of the organization to achieve business and financial objectives.
- Strong understanding of financial processes, strong communication skills (written and oral), and strong analytic skills
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint, to include pivot tables, advanced formulas, and executive level reporting
- Ability to manage multiple priorities across a diverse portfolio of responsibilities
- Ability to think strategically, lead and provide direction to indirect reports, and grasp a firm understanding of the division goals and priorities and what it take to execute
- A self-starter with the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, without damage to relationship
- Experience managing IT type work
- Business / Finance acumen
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communications skills
- Experience owning, driving and delivering results