Come put your software engineering skills into action! Leidos has immediate opportunities for entry-level Software Engineers to work at our state of the art facility in Morgantown, WV. In this role, you will join a dynamic team that is singularly focused on providing world class solutions to our customers in an exciting, collaborative, and inclusive environment. We look to hire driven and talented individuals, so relocation assistance is available. For consideration, you must be a US citizen and be able to obtain a DoD security clearance.
As a key part of the team, your responsibilities will include all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding, and automated testing within an Agile and Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery model. You will be challenged and provided a tremendous opportunity for growth in a customer-facing, fast-paced, and fun environment.
- Design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug mission critical software source code using modern software development languages and tools, such as java.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, working within broadly defined parameters.
- Use Jira, Confluence, Nexus, Stash-Git/Subversion development operations, collaboration and source control tools.
- Support creation and updating of all relevant documentation and specifications for design, development and testing.
- Identify potential roadblocks and develop around them.
- Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics.
- Develop maintainable code that matches specification.
- Perform unit testing of code, including manipulation of data for analysis of system requirements.
- Own delivery of small parts of a system or application.
- Work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Build software solutions where the solution is not always well defined but always considers the customer first.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and less than 2 years of relevant experience. Spring/Summer grads encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrated ability and experience with Java/C++ and object oriented programming (applicants will be tested).
- Solid understanding of software development process fundamentals.
- Strong, self-motivated desire to learn new programming languages, tools, frameworks, and techniques.
- Must be able to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
- US Citizenship is required for this position.