Do you want to grow your career and be part of a team solving critical challenges that affect the world?
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Leidos...Practical Answers for a Complicated World
The Civil Group at Leidos has job openings for HazMat Instructors for subcontract at the Center for Domestic Preparedness in Anniston, AL. These are opportunities to work on a Corp to Corp 1099 basis. JOB SUMMARY: FEMA's Center for Domestic Preparedness (CDP), located in Anniston, Alabama, is the United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS)'s only federally chartered Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) training center. The CDP began operations in June 1998 as the only all-hazards training center, offering training on Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and Explosive (CBRNE) weapons. While the training tempo has increased dramatically, the CDP's training programs provide the very best in advanced hands-on training for America's emergency responders.
The instructor will deliver disaster preparedness and response training to professional audiences through lecture and hands-on exercises. Instruction focuses on catastrophic events that result in mass casualty incidents and preparedness and response planning. The instructor is expected to maintain a knowledge base as a subject matter expert in the assigned course content. They will also expected to actively seek and participate in cross-training opportunities as well as present current incidents in evening lecture(s) to maximize instructor resources and the overall training experience for student responders. The instructor is expected to travel in support of position requirements, and perform training duties as assigned.
• 10+ years of related experience. • Must possess instructor teaching certification, post-secondary teaching experience, or teaching degree.
• Must have 3 years of recent/current teaching experience.
• Must have all-hazards experience with man-made, natural disasters, or weapons of mass destruction (WMD).
• Must have completed ICS 100/200/700/800. • Must have working knowledge of federal response, NIMS, ICS, and HICS.
• Must possess one or both of the following: Hazardous Materials Technician certification and/or Hazardous Materials Specialist certification.
• Due to Federal Contract Regulations, U.S. Citizenship required. Must successfully complete a pre-placement screening consisting of background check, financial institutions/credit bureau check, and disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act.
• All applicants must have the accepted form of government-issued ID compliant with the Real ID Act. ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• IFSAC certifications or ProBoard certification.