The Leidos Intelligence Group has a career opportunity for Sr. Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD.
This contract is a large, multi-year contract for the development, integration, deployment and sustainment of large, collection systems. The work that's being done on this Leidos-led, prime contract is extremely important to the government and offers its team members the opportunity to work autonomously and explore new technologies. Join a tremendous technical team solving hard problems with true mission relevance on emerging technologies.
The Senior Engineer will help the customer by performing tasks to modernize programs, systems and processes. The tasks will consist of gathering and documenting system requirements and processes; planning and documenting required system updates; and planning, optimizing and standardizing data flows. The Sr. Engineer will need to have experience with Streaming Object Transport Format (SOTF), Binary Metadata Encoded (BME), and other standard customer data formats to be successful in this role.
- TS/SCI with polygraph
- Bachelors Degree in related Engineering field of study and 8 or more years engineering experience. In lieu of degree, an additional 4 years of directly related experience will be considered on a case by case basis
- Experience with NiagraFiles, data transport services, data processing systems, and cross domain solutions is required.
- XML experience
- Experience with Streaming Object Transport Format (SOTF), Binary Metadata Encoded (BME), and other standard customer data formats is a firm requirement
- Strong LINUX background is required.
- Within the last 7 years, a minimum of 5 years' experience in four (4) of these specializations (NOTE: BS degree in technical field can be substituted for 1 specialization)
- Signal Analysis
- Modern Tele-communications System and Networks
- Telephony Switching System
- Communications Systems
- Cellular/Personal Communications Systems
- TDM/PCM Multiplexing / Modulation /Switching Systems
- Packet Switching System
- Systems Engineering
- Operating Systems
- Advanced Protocols
Within the last 5 years, a minimum of 3 years development, integration, testing, and/or installation experience to include generating system/component specifications, recommending solutions, and preparing and conducting test plans (stand-alone, DT&E, OAT&E)
Within the last 5 years, a minimum of 3 years' experience with the functionality and inter-processing of packet- and circuit-based HW & SW solutions to include configuring, changing, and optimizing solutions.
A minimum of 3 years' experience in a leadership position providing technical supervision to other engineering personnel; solving varied technical/scientific problems; and generating and reviewing designs for technical accuracy, completeness and appropriateness in light of objectives, budget, and schedule.