The Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Operation of the Defense Group is seeking a qualified capture manager to support the pursuit of opportunities across the Department of Defense with an emphasis on the Air Force.
The Senior Capture Manager is responsible for the capture leadership of assigned opportunities in support of the Enterprise IT growth strategy. The Senior Capture Manager must thrive in an environment where they are responsible for the management and execution of the full BD life-cycle process across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals. The Senior Capture Manager will routinely be assigned 2-3 large ($50M+) solicitation pursuits at various stages of capture at the same time. The ideal candidate will have previously served as a Capture Manager with proven experience supporting Air Force customers and have a network of contacts with the Air Force.
Successful candidates will have the ability to conceptualize a vision for winning, to develop a capture plan that implements the vision and translates into win themes, to adjust the vision as the procurement unfolds, and to focus and manage the capture activities and team (internal and external) to achieve the vision through final proposal submission and assist in preparing the execution team to perform quickly post award.
- Develop a plan for securing knowledge and understanding of the customer's requirements, issues, and needs during the pursuit and capture phases and lead planning sessions with core team
- Coordinate meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices
- Plan and participate in capture activities, to include opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, collaboration and workshop sessions, proposal reviews
- Lead competitive assessments, teaming, and price-to-win efforts.
- Support the writing of white papers, RFI responses, and other proposal artifacts as assigned
- Apply a practical application (including documentation) of the Leidos capture planning process and practices
- Brief capture status to senior management at specified milestones in the capture process, when material changes occur and as needed
- Support other business development activities as assigned
- Conduct after action reviews for all business opportunity capture participants to document lessons learned and identify necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and actions
- Mentor other program managers and rotational program staff in the capture management process
- Bachelor's degree and 15+ years of related experience or Master's degree and 13+ years of prior relevant experience
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers
- A proven track record of successful capture management across multiple organizations and program offices at a variety of acquisition sizes
- A proven track record of leading and winning contracts or managing pipeline
- Experience leading teams in a virtual environment
- Technical writing experience
- Strong verbal communication skills and prior experience briefing executives
- Willingness to travel to other U.S. cities to support customer visits and strategy workshops. Estimated up to 50% annually as required.
- 3+ years program management or systems engineering experience a plus
- Completed professional training in Capture Management
- Experience supporting Air Force customers and a network of Air Force contacts