Job Requisition:Junior Cloud Software Engineer- TS/SCI Polygraph Required
The Defense and Intelligence Division of Leidos has a career opportunity for a Junior Cloud Software Engineer with a TS/SCI with a polygraph clearance in Annapolis Junction, Maryland.
PROGRAM SUMMARY: Do you enjoy being a part of small teams that work closely with the customer? Does big data pique your interest? Our Prototype Development Support program is looking for candidates with a strong mission focus to do new development and rapid prototyping. Someone who can figure out smarter, better ways to discover new targets or support mission analysis.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Develop and maintain assigned persona analytic tasks requiring implementation, documentation and testing. Analytics will be developed primarily, but not exclusively, in the customer cloud infrastructure. The developer shall possess the necessary skills required to implement an end-to-end solution including (but not limited to) accessing existing datasets, creating new datasets by ingesting data, performing analytic functions and exposing analytic results to the users. The data could be metadata or content.
Bachelor's Degree and 2-4 years of experience. Additional experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- At least 4 years of general experience in software development/engineering, computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline.
- Shall have at least 1 year of experience developing software with high level languages such as Java.
- Shall have demonstrated work or academic experience with distributed scalable Big Data Store (NoSQL) such as H Base, CloudBase/Accumulo, Big Table, etc., as well as 1 year of experience with the Map Reduce programming model, the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), and technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Etc.
- Shall have demonstrated work or academic experience with Source Code Management (e.g. Git, Stash, or Subversion, etc.)
- Strong Java skills is required
- Experience with customer GHOSTMACHINE analytic development
- Familiarity developing analytics in the QTA (Query Time Analytics) environment
- Experience with REST services
- Experience with Maven and Git
- Experience with DATAWAVE
- Familiarity with databases such as: Cassandra, Accumulo, MariaDB, Redis, Oracle, MySQL
- Familiarity with customer corporate tools such as DX, TargetProfiler, Renoir
- Work in a team environment
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development-Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.