The Leidos Intelligence Group has a career opportunity for Jr. Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD.
This contract is a large, multi-year contract for the development, integration, deployment and sustainment of large, collection systems. The work that's being done on this Leidos-led, prime contract is extremely important to the government and offers its team members the opportunity to work autonomously and explore new technologies. Join a tremendous technical team solving hard problems with true mission relevance on emerging technologies.
The Junior Engineer will help our customer by performing various tasks to modernize programs, systems and processes. The tasks will involve investigations to gain a better understanding of the current systems and then help to create a new design for the modernized system. This effort will involve using a variety of skill-sets (small amount of software, systems engineering, etc.) Therefore, this position requires someone that is flexible and eager to tackle a variety of issues. Excellent growth opportunity with on the job training!
- TS/SCI with polygraph
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or an equivalent technical field.
- In lieu of degree, engineering experience in ONE of the following specialization areas will be considered on a case by case basis
- Signal Analysis
- Modern Telecommunications System and Networks
- Telephony Switching System
- Communications Systems
- Cellular/Personal Communications Systems
- TDM/PCM Multiplexing/Modulation/Switching Systems
- Packet Switching System
- Systems Engineering
- Operating Systems
- Advanced Protocols
- Should be comfortable working with Linux
- Requires an understanding of software development (need to be able to review/modify Java code). NOTE: This not a full time software development position.
- BASH scripting required
- Requires someone that is highly motivated, flexible, and eager to tackle a variety of issues.
Database background is a plus (not required).